BARN BLACKOUT JAN 6TH vs OSU

maliksealy

Reaction score
Just announced. Barn Blackout January 6th vs tOSU. Wear all black and Gophers are debuting their black jerseys. Should be fun.

I really hope this is a bust and nobody participates.

Black is not one of our colors, we'll look like Iowa.

Bullschidt. Black is back, and have fun with it. Screw Iowa.

It's called marketing, kids like it. Who cares...get on the bus or get left behind.

Oh and by the way, black absorbs all light and consequently is not a color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we can't get fans to participate in a Gold-out or Maroon-out (when they likely have Gopher gear in those colors already), there is no chance for a successful Blackout. Hate the idea. No appeal. No reason. How about a brown-out? At least that would look like a crappy idea.

I'm going to dress in gold in protest. What a stupid idea!

If we can't get fans to participate in a Gold-out or Maroon-out (when they likely have Gopher gear in those colors already), there is no chance for a successful Blackout. Hate the idea. No appeal. No reason. How about a brown-out? At least that would look like a crappy idea.

Touché. School is not providing the shirts like a lot of schools do, but they did encourage people to go to Gold Country to buy their blacks shirts.

If we can't get fans to participate in a Gold-out or Maroon-out (when they likely have Gopher gear in those colors already), there is no chance for a successful Blackout.

Touché. School is not providing the shirts like a lot of schools do, but they did encourage people to go to Gold Country to buy their blacks shirts.

I don't understand why they can't ever have t-shirts to give away for these type of games. They would be able to purchase 10,000 t-shirts with a one color logo on the front and a sponsor on the back for less than $2 per. I would think they could easily find a sponsor to pony up $20K or more to have their logo on each shirt.

I don't understand why they can't ever have t-shirts to give away for these type of games. They would be able to purchase 10,000 t-shirts with a one color logo on the front and a sponsor on the back for less than $2 per. I would think they could easily find a sponsor to pony up $20K or more to have their logo on each shirt.

Exactly......and until they do so they should drop these ideas......they never work here........and life and games are still ok without them.

It appears the real problem is that fans here are cynical of everything. Good lord, the school doesn't have the hand feed everything.. go buy a black shirt people or at least stop bitching and moaning.

I'm surprised by the number of people complaining about this. It's something different, nothing wrong with breaking the mold. Plus the black jersey's looked pretty sweet.

For those having a fit because black is an "Iowa color," then shouldn't our white jerseys be thrown out? That is a Wisconsin color...

I'm surprised by the number of people complaining about this. It's something different, nothing wrong with breaking the mold. Plus the black jersey's looked pretty sweet.

For those having a fit because black is an "Iowa color," then shouldn't our white jerseys be thrown out? That is a Wisconsin color...

Yes, burn them. I have always thought the white uniforms should be burned.

This black-out idea blows.

I'll be there. But why the hell would I wear black?

Maroon and gold.....sell your brand. No white and no black uniforms

I thought the black jerseys looked cool. Just so happens that I have a black Gophers sweatshirt. Like.

We old curmudgeons don't bitch about anything except the young curmudgeons bitching about everything.

GET OVER IT, PUPS!!!

Spoken like a true referee.:cool:

Personally, I'm a leader......or a legend...... Anyway I'm a something.

Spoken like a true referee.:cool:

Personally, I'm a leader......or a legend...... Anyway I'm a something.

Agree, 19. You are really something. But if you were anything, you'd track down Parski and get him back here. I miss sparring with him.

Difference between a black out and a gold out - not everyone has a gold shirt to wear, everyone has black. I think it's a great idea and has the chance to make an environment recruits will remember.

Top Bottom