Badgers Montee Ball attacked: UPDATED 8/7: Madison columnist tees-off on Ball

I said it on Twitter, and I'll say it here: Booker Stanley better have one hell of an alibi.

My guess is Montee was out for the evening and perhaps showed too much interest in or was shown too much interest by a female associated with his attackers.

My guess is Montee was out for the evening and perhaps showed too much interest in or was shown too much interest by a female associated with his attackers.
The time suggests that alcohol was likely a factor one way or another. It could be just that these nitwits saw him walking, recognized him and did it just to say that they beat up a Heisman candidate.

Pretty harsh to start speculating on what Ball may have done without any evidence whatsoever. Even if he is a Badger.

I suspect that this somehow comes back to the cads who stole the stein from the Essen Haus.

:cool02::cool02:

Another example of "nothing good happens after midnight"

I wonder if this will knock Madison off the "best places to live" lists?

Sounds like the good news is he is going to be okay.

Unprovoked, just walking down the street in the early morning. We need details. Time say 2:30 AM? Why was Mr. Ball out walking around at this hour? Where had he been? What if anything had he been drinking, or other? Where was he coming from and where was he headed. Who was the last person to see him before he went on the walk? Did that person notice anything or anyone suspicous? Was there a incident before he went for the walk. This smells like a cover up, from the get go.

This from the Wisconsin State Journal

"It has already been a difficult offseason for Ball.

One week after UW's spring game, he was cited for trespassing during the Mifflin Street block party for failing to leave a porch, when apparently asked by the resident of the house. An amateur video was released of Ball, in handcuffs, being led away by police."

Read more: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...be9-11e1-84f4-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz22JbftEmx

Unprovoked, just walking down the street in the early morning. We need details. Time say 2:30 AM? Why was Mr. Ball out walking around at this hour? Where had he been? What if anything had he been drinking, or other? Where was he coming from and where was he headed. Who was the last person to see him before he went on the walk? Did that person notice anything or anyone suspicous? Was there a incident before he went for the walk. This smells like a cover up, from the get go.

One week after UW's spring game, he was cited for trespassing during the Mifflin Street block party for failing to leave a porch, when apparently asked by the resident of the house. An amateur video was released of Ball, in handcuffs, being led away by police."

Read more: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...be9-11e1-84f4-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz22JbftEmx

anyone have a link to the video of montee ball being arrested by madison police? would like to see it.

Your not serious are you? Not sure why you think we need details on what Bell was doing or not doing. A little paranoid it seems with the whole cover up angle you are suggesting.

The Madison paper said he was jumped by 5 guys and they stole his phone. Could easily be like several of the phone robberies in downtown Minneapolis lately, except this sounds like it was 20-somethings not a gang of 12-13 year olds like in Mpls. Walking alone at 2:15 while on your smart phone is not a good idea for anyone anywhere cause there are groups like this who don't care if you are a 55 year old woman or a Heisman trophy candidate running back.

I walked home last night in Minneapolis after 2 am while messing with my phone.

I'm an adult, I went out for a few drinks and I went home. I don't think I did anything wrong and if the story is accurate, it doesn't sound like Montee Ball did anything wrong.

I hope some of the inquiries into what Montee Ball was doing are "tongue-in-cheek".

Get well Montee, get healthy and hopefully you have a terrible season.

I get the rat part. the kid is big and known so most wouldn't mess with him.

Was there a chair leg involved?

I might be able to provide a little insight... used to run my town and I did it by keeping a stable of street toughs. We'd rough up anybody that crossed us - big or small. A guy like Montee ball wouldn't have stood a chance. We did it with numbers - a key to intimidating people into doing what you want. Not even the mayor or town sheriff could stop us. Things were going awesome until that S.O.B. Dalton moved into town... he was one tough bastard. We had to leave town after he arrived.

I might be able to provide a little insight... used to run my town and I did it by keeping a stable of street toughs. We'd rough up anybody that crossed us - big or small. A guy like Montee ball wouldn't have stood a chance. We did it with numbers - a key to intimidating people into doing what you want. Not even the mayor or town sheriff could stop us. Things were going awesome until that S.O.B. Dalton moved into town... he was one tough bastard. We had to leave town after he arrived.

OUTSTANDING!

Were you Brad Wesley or were you the Hill Billy Jim in the overalls that got trapped under the stuffed bear? Send your best to your blonde tramp girlfriend for me & give her a good smack in the eye!

This from Fox Sports,

Madison Police Department spokesman Joel DeSpain said it is unclear whether the attack was an attempted robbery and added that Ball’s cell phone was missing.

"At this point, we don’t know if this victim was targeted because of who he is,” DeSpain said.

DeSpain said Ball had been out with friends and was walking home when the attack occurred. Two of Ball’s friends were walking directly in front of him and turned to see that Ball had been kicked to the ground by the five men, the police spokesman said. When a man ran from across the street to assist Ball, the perpetrators fled on foot.

DeSpain added that the police department would be interviewing other witnesses and examining surveillance video of the downtown area to see if it matches the description of the attackers. He noted that video from city cameras helped catch perpetrators of a shooting in the 600 block of University Avenue in May.

This raises two more questions, who are these friends and who was that good samaritan?

"This raises two more questions, who are these friends and who was that good samaritan?"

I would like to think that any man who witnessed someone getting jumped on the street would rush to help out, regardless of who they are.

So the little hamlet of Madison is now the "new" south side of Detroit after reading the police reports of incidents in the area. Hmm.... I wonder if I should start packing heat if I go to the game this year?

FWIW

@M_Ball28
The report that I was involved in a fight is totally false.

Hmmmm. A fight at a house a week ago. Football players, who at this point are nameless, beat up a non-player. And no one reported it. Now it comes to light and the first claim of unprovoked is in question. And the athletic department unavailable for comment is classic stonewalling. Come on Coach out the players, suspend them, or kick them off the team.

FWIW

@M_Ball28
The report that I was involved in a fight is totally false.

It's not really worth anything. What's the first thing almost anyone does in that same situation? "Yup, I was part of a group of people that kicked the stuffing out of someone last week."

It's not really worth anything. What's the first thing almost anyone does in that same situation? "Yup, I was part of a group of people that kicked the stuffing out of someone last week."

I agree, just thought I'd post.

Also, he very well may not have been "involved", but the fight still could have happened, he still could have been there, and the attack still could have been retaliation for it.

Top Bottom