Bad officiating makes college basketball almost unwatchable

Some guy

Reaction score
They should quit letting guys undercut, flop, and draw an offensive foul. That should be a blocking foul.

unrelated to anything other than a “highlight” I just saw

It really is remarkably bad. I try not to nit officiating too much because it's a tough job and we could all find things to complain about but it is really bad. The calls almost seem random.

You just gotta ignore it. There are new rules each game. Players and coaches have to adjust. There is one constant: the referees are bad each night. They don’t play favorites. Figure out the rules of the day and adapt.
You‘ll go crazy concerning yourself with the refs. Just know they are horrible going in and adjust.

I don't usually post on the basketball board because I'm less than qualified, but I've always hated the Duke flop. Back when they had hurley and the rest of them. It was pure laziness. Not athletic enough to defend so just fall down. Just like soccer. If it's blatant that's one thing, but to structure their whole game plan around falling down is embarrassing. It's meant to be a competition, so go compete. I know I'm going overboard, but this has bugged me for decades. Actually I think it started with laimbeer, rodman and the Pistons but could easily be mistaken.

Edit: I guess that wasn't directed at officials but just the concept in general.

Top Bottom