Bad Day for Skunk Lovers

AF_Howie_2180

Reaction score
First they lose on the football field to Penn State, a team who if I remember correctly the Gophers beat, even though we haven't scored a touchdown offensively since. Thus crushing their BCS chances and blowing up their message boards.

Then to follow up the Skunk Football loss, the hockey skunks become the first team in B1G hockey play history to get SWEPT outright, without going to overtime; to the Gophers. Mind you the Gophers were at times playing 6 on 5 hockey as the refs seemed to rather not call much, and the Times they did, left many of us in attendance scratching our heads. The fans let them know that after the second with some of the loudest boos I've ever experienced.

So all in all I'd say it was a great day to cherish the Skunks shortcomings.

The meltdown on the Badger sites is really enjoyable ( And no, I didn't comment )

I don't bother going over to other teams' message boards, but I can only imagine the conflagration. Andersen on the hot seat yet?

The gridiron edition of the Badgers just got smoked yesterday. That game wouldn't have been close with PSU's playing "not to lose" in the 4th quarter and the refs inability to recognize defensive pass interference or neutral zone encroachment by the Badgers. I watched in stunned disbelief. After watching the game, it's pretty clear that Hackenburg is going to put up some pretty impressive numbers before he's through at PSU. Kid is all that.

Yesterday just shows how the B1G really was down in a big way this year and how the separation from top-to-bottom (save for Purdue) wasn't all that great.

Top Bottom