B1G regular season champion race

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
After Purdue beat Illinois tonight, three teams sit at 10-3. Purdue, Illinois and wisconsin. OSU also has 3 losses but only 10 wins.

Who do you think ends up as the B1G regular season champion? I don’t think wisco is as good as the other two teams but their final 7 games are: Rutgers, @ Indiana, Michigan, @ MN, @ Rutgers, Purdue, Nebraska. They should be favored in 6 of those, I’d think.

IMO if Purdue is at 75%, they're the best team in this league. Illinois seems too inconsistent and injuries seem to be a common theme I think will bite them again. Wisconsin seems to play to their opponents level but has a nagging tendency to pull games out late. That luck and mindset will take them out of it. MSU looked rough their last 2 games but they have a yearly 3 game conference losing streak and then turn it on. I won't count Izzo out until the end.

After Purdue beat Illinois tonight, three teams sit at 10-3. Purdue, Illinois and wisconsin. OSU also has 3 losses but only 10 wins.

Who do you think ends up as the B1G regular season champion? I don’t think wisco is as good as the other two teams but their final 7 games are: Rutgers, @ Indiana, Michigan, @ MN, @ Rutgers, Purdue, Nebraska. They should be favored in 6 of those, I’d think.

8 team tie !!
Give them all a trophy

i don't know how the badgers do it, that roster isn't that great

I think Purdue wins out and takes the crown at 17-3.

Wisconsin 16-4
Illinois 15-5
Ohio St 15-5

Without looking at any remaining schedules my pick would be Purdue.

Without looking at any remaining schedules my pick would be Purdue.
They have Michigan, Maryland, NW, Rutgers
then finish at MSU, at Wisc and home vs. Indiana

I think they'll be a tie at the top. I'll go Purdue and Wisconsin since they have the easiest schedule between the three, but I think a healthy Illinois wins the BTT. I would trust Purdue and Illinois guard play the most to make a deep tourney run.

I think they'll be a tie at the top. I'll go Purdue and Wisconsin since they have the easiest schedule between the three, but I think a healthy Illinois wins the BTT. I would trust Purdue and Illinois guard play the most to make a deep tourney run.
I can see that.

Hate to say it but WI will be at the top, perhaps along with Purdue.

What if Rutgers keeps winning? That’s 3 in a row. They have 9 wins.

At this point there are 4-5 teams that can win the big ten. No idea how you would pick a favourite as they have all been up and down.

Reports that Harper was injured end of game. If serious could derail R’s hopes

WI pulled out an improbable win at IN because Gard was smart enough to triple the lone IN scorer with about five minutes to go and let IN's inept guards throw bricks.
Davison and particularly Davis heated up and silenced the screaming IN fans.
I loved the shade both of them threw at the IN student section as they left the court.
The Rutgers/Purdue game might be the game of the season in the BIG.
Rutgers is well coached and it is a veteran team that is now playing with confidence.
ILL depends on the Big Boy who gets frustrated easily and seems to get winded.
0 on ILL is a TO machine and has poor judgement.
Rutgers dropped a dime on them.

WI pulled out an improbable win at IN because Gard was smart enough to triple the lone IN scorer with about five minutes to go and let IN's inept guards throw bricks.
Davison and particularly Davis heated up and silenced the screaming IN fans.
I loved the shade both of them threw at the IN student section as they left the court.
The Rutgers/Purdue game might be the game of the season in the BIG.
Rutgers is well coached and it is a veteran team that is now playing with confidence.
ILL depends on the Big Boy who gets frustrated easily and seems to get winded.
0 on ILL is a TO machine and has poor judgement.
Rutgers dropped a dime on them.
Any word on Harper injury? Left last night and didnt return.

If Harper is Anything he is clutch. Big loss if he is out. Plus the game is at Purdue.

If Harper is Anything he is clutch. Big loss if he is out. Plus the game is at Purdue.
Yeah although now that Rutgers is 10-5, one more will will give them a winning conference record and I think with their last four wins and the Purdue win, 11-9 should be enough to get them in, even with the bad non con losses

Yeah although now that Rutgers is 10-5, one more will will give them a winning conference record and I think with their last four wins and the Purdue win, 11-9 should be enough to get them in, even with the bad non con losses
I think they will make it. Although the committee does not really just rely on the net. I would like to think a couple bad losses 2 months ago would hold less sway thanthe momentum this surge has created. They need to finish strong.

Top Bottom