B1G Match 18: Gophers Host Ohio State (11-18-23)

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
7-10 Ohio State which lost a five setter at Illinois on Wednesday night faces the 10-7 'Gophers

Z really looked comfortable out there last night. She is a very important part of the much needed defense for this team to succeed. I didn't notice other players stepping in front of her. She was being allowed to play the game and did a wonderful job for us....serving, passing, digging and HITTING! In fact, she had 1 more dig than Murr.

Let's see what these coaches come up with the second time around. I feel they have gotten better in a game plan against our BIG opponents.

Rylee Rader and Emily Londot have had much success in our matches with Ohio State. RR could still be out but Londot can be a one woman machine. If our block is very successful tonight, our chances become even better for a win.

The Team's main goal is to make "Post Season Play". Keeping that in mind they have to win tonight and next Friday vs Ilinois to have a chance.

Credit where it’s due: great weekend for the ladies!

We are the best of the “average” and below teams.

Now can they win when it matters? TV analyst tonight says if they beat ILL they’re in. Huge match

I don’t know what you all have been complaining about with your posts on this message board all season… this Gopher team is great.

With NCAA tournament looming, Gophers play flawless volleyball, sweep Ohio State​

The Gophers won for the ninth time in 12 matches as they continue their late-season turnaround and bolster their chances to reach the NCAA tournament...

Really liked these comments from KCook in the above article...

"A lot of what we saw tonight, especially, we want to hang onto," Gophers coach Keegan Cook said. "We get one more week to recreate it in the Pav, and then if we get a chance, we'll take it on the road with us.

"But make sure they own it, just like they've taken responsibility for some of our disappointing moments [this season]. They need to own what they did tonight and know they can recreate it anywhere."

It is available on the BTN+, if you have that subscription. It was EXTREMELY well played by this GOPHER TEAM. An all around GREAT PERFORMANCE!

Gophers excelled in all aspects of the game. It was really great to see. I hope they can build on this game and finish the season on a high level.

Kinda indicative of the season we're having so far. A few bright spots here and there, but other than that not a lot to talk about.
80% (so far) of this thread was hype about a UConn player coming back home. Very Gopher-centric. :eyeroll:

LOL he didn't know volleyball has its own forum now.

Women's bball is over there, skippy

Top Bottom