B1G Game 18: Gophers Visit Penn State

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
AWAY FROM THE SPOTLIGHT

On January 31st Penn State arrived at Williams Arena sporting a 6-3 conference record ready to face 4-5 Minnesota. The Lady Lions were riding a five-game winning streak while the Gophers, having dropped back-to-back games to Wisconsin and Illinois, were facing life without Mara Braun.

Penn State easily pushed its winning streak to six by defeating Minnesota 80-64. Unfortunately, the Lady Lions lost their second leading scorer, guard Tay Valladay, early in the game to a season ending knee injury. Subsequently, like the Gophers, PSU nosedived losing its next six contests before winning last Wednesday night at Purdue. In their last eight games Penn State is 2-6. The Gophers fared worse. In their last eight games Minnesota is 1-7 with their win coming against Northwestern.

So, the regular season finale in out of the way Happy Valley features 8-9 Penn State versus 5-12 Minnesota. For some reason, this game has been relegated to BTN + while FOX kicks off Sunday’s basketball bonanza with Ohio State versus Iowa. It’s time to look forward to the Big Ten Tournament.

Please give this a read! At the end of article there are ways to watch the Penn State game!

Game starts in 20 minutes! Do you think the Gophers can get a good run going today?

Based on the first quarter, nope. Amazing how much we've regressed after Mara's injury. Just can't hit our shots.....2 of 17 shooting after 1 quarter.

Typical horrid start. 11% shooting percentage ugh

Our depleted squad needs to find another scoring option besides GG, empty the bench and see if any of these other girls are going to contribute in the future

Our depleted squad needs to find another scoring option besides GG, empty the bench and see if any of these other girls are going to contribute in the future
Seriously everyone but GG can be benched, it can’t be much worse. Terribly disappointed in how this team has responded to the injuries. No fight

Seriously everyone but GG can be benched, it can’t be much worse. Terribly disappointed in how this team has responded to the injuries. No fight
Agree, Battle and Heyer need to step up

So Senden is getting her chance and she’s 5 feet short on her three

It's still in the first half, and I haven't watched every minute, but I've counted four air balls. This season is over.

Penn State announcers put it nicely, "Minnesota is playing out of rhythm right now"

Now you know why coach doesn't play the bench much.

PSU up 40. Still playing starters and pressing.

Please give this a read! At the end of article there are ways to watch the Penn State game!
Is this really a story about you witnessing Caitlin Clark, or is it about Caitlin Clark? The title of your post turned me off.

classy by Penn state to have their starters in when they are up this much... I get it's senior night.. but this is something

Top Bottom