B1G Game 18: Gophers Visit Penn State (2-27-22)

Great win. Good play from everyone. Big games from Scalia, Sissoko, and LBK. Three players in double figures, two double-doubles, two 32-point scorers, 10 three-point baskets! Got the 10th seed in the tournament. Go Gophers!

Fun game, Penn State essentially dared LBK and Kadi to beat them and they did, big time efforts from them. Scalia is playing so well offensively. With MSU losing it looks like we'll play the loser of NW and Nebraska.

Missed the first part of the game, did the Gophers really start LBK and Sissoko? I know Micheaux is out, does everyone think this should be the starting lineup in the BIG Tourney? There has been a different energy with LBK in the lineup.

Missed the first part of the game, did the Gophers really start LBK and Sissoko? I know Micheaux is out, does everyone think this should be the starting lineup in the BIG Tourney? There has been a different energy with LBK in the lineup.
Its their best offensive lineup for sure but I think they went this lineup against PSU because they go 4 guards and their big (Camden) is a perimeter player. Helgren played when PSU went with their tradition big Brigham.

Plus, Penn State's zone left the elbows open for LBK and Kadi. We won't see a friendlier defense.

Unfortunately, we are highly unlikely to play Illinois in the tournament

LBK is a perfect example of why you don't throw in the towel in a season and start playing young kids that may not be ready.
I was hoping Mich would be the #2 seed, not Iowa.. I think Iowa wins the tourney and I see them as an elite 8 team. No other team in the nation has a PG and Center combo like Iowa.
... but hey if we are fortunate enough to beat Northwestern, Iowa is a sickness or turned ankle away of being just mediocre in any given game.

Top Bottom