B1G Game 17 Gophers Host Iowa (2-28-24)

I disagree, I think our starters were the same or more athletic at every position except for maybe Grace. Their only very athletic players were Clark and their Post but AJ is right there at post and Battle is at least as athletic as Clark but doesn't have the shooting and passing skills or size. Sanders is more athletic than their starter, Grace the same or less, Heyer more athletic or the same. Then we bring in Czinano and Nia off the bench and they are clearly more athletic in my opinion.

In my opinion we lacked crisp fast passing, confidence and intensity on defense along with a credible outside shooting threat except for Grace and Heyer. When you have only 2 it makes defense easier.
Sorry I have to disagree. Our overall team athleticism is at the bottom of the B1G. Coach P has the team playing hard - I have no question about effort. But our quickness is especially behind - did you see the number of times we were beat down the court for layups? How many times we could not close out on the shooters? How few times we beat someone off the dribble? We have solid skilled players, playing hard, but with lower athleticism - especially foot speed. It will take some training and some recruiting to fix that.

After a shaky start, Battle played a good game I thought. She seemed almost pissed and I hope that attitude continues into the BIG tourney. If she could just finish at the rim more consistently she can be a reliable scorer. i hope she is a Gopher next year and works on finishing and adds a 3 point threat she would have a good all around game

WE LOST OUR best player our and starting POST player..

which that then means GG/Mal/Battle all move up on the scouting report.. we didn't have much of a bench before the 2 injuries to our starters.. and now we really do.. we don't have any shooting off the bench..

Dawn can't just snap her fingers and have the type of players she wants in a blink of an eye..

we add Tori next season who's a great defender.. and Kenna Johnson who's a shooter, Klick will be back, who was suppose to be the back up point guard. we should have more depth next year..

gosh give Dawn some time to build her team..

the former coaching staff didn't leave much other then the 2022's and Maggie and Sophie who hadn't played in a year plus.
I have had season tickets for almost 25 years . U ? I was making an observation after watching this entire season in person not giving a review of all the possible reasons for the decline in their performance. You can play tenacious D no matter who is on your roster. I have not seen the effort or tenacity in this team after losing Braun.
It completely makes sense why they would struggle on offense but their energy and effort has been lacking…..

I have had season tickets for almost 25 years . U ? I was making an observation after watching this entire season in person not giving a review of all the possible reasons for the decline in their performance. You can play tenacious D no matter who is on your roster. I have not seen the effort or tenacity in this team after losing Braun.
It completely makes sense why they would struggle on offense but their energy and effort has been lacking…..

As Plitzuweit said (quote from Maya aflakpi's article):

Coach Plitzuweit said, “Our goal going into it was all 14,000 people leave and to say we competed at a really high level but I don’t think we really did that.”

Top Bottom