B1G Game 1: Gophers Host Purdue (12-10-23)

Ideally they would have both defense and strong shooting. But if I had to choose I'd take strong defense because it will hold the fort until the shooting wakes up. Here the shooting came back from the dead enough to take the lead while defense held the fort.

1702237348992.png

Gophers playing well defensively, seriously their shot selection are good, just can’t hit them. When Janay is running the offense I hold my breath. Need Amaya back out there she has better vision. Other bench players contributing.

Radio Broadcast: https://gophersports.com/watch/live?Live=5253&type=Live
I clicked that tab and all that came up for me was a black screen with the radio broadcast. Normally, I go to the Minnesota Gophers basketball schedule and one of the tabs listed on that page is Live Stats. It's not there today. Oh well.. 41 shots in the first half is a lot! Especially when you compare that Minn. has limited Purdue to just 25.

I clicked that tab and all that came up for me was a black screen with the radio broadcast. Normally, I go to the Minnesota Gophers basketball schedule and one of the tabs listed on that page is Live Stats. It's not there today. Oh well..
You're right, I ran into the same screen. Went to the pre-game story:

Mara Braun at the line makes her 37th free throw in a row without a miss.

View attachment 28895

And run came to an end with the next shot. Congratulations to Mara Braun for 37 consecutive!

She definitely got "jinxed" by the BTN+ play by play guy, he couldn't stop giving out stats, just as well been whispering it into Mara's ear...if you believe in jinx's ...

I clicked that tab and all that came up for me was a black screen with the radio broadcast. Normally, I go to the Minnesota Gophers basketball schedule and one of the tabs listed on that page is Live Stats. It's not there today. Oh well.. 41 shots in the first half is a lot! Especially when you compare that Minn. has limited Purdue to just 25.

19 to 7 run for Purdue in the 2nd half. Purdue up by 5. Purdue 3 of 4 on threes in 2nd half.

Hart gets called for a ticky tacky 3rd foul n has to sit most of the 3rd. Purdue goes up by 5.

Women's basketball officiating ruins the sport for me, it's been this way for years.

And as usual, it's not that I think they don't know the rules, it's that I'm not even sure they have eyes.

Fouls have inconsistent but agree on the tricky tacky on Hart. Sort of fell apart when Hart went to the bench
I’m only able to follow stats is Grace not getting ball that she’s only shot 3 times?

Third quarter woes again. Battle cannot hit a layup and what’s up with Heyer‘s FT shooting this year?

I’m only able to follow stats is Grace not getting ball that she’s only shot 3 times?
Purdon’t is playing aggressive 1-1 D n for the most part the guards defending Grace are quicker.

Not getting a lot of touches but I think Purdue is defending the 3 point line very well, especially when Hart was on the bench.

Hart comes back and sort of saved the team, now Minnesota up by 1.

1702239971264.png

UPDATE. Braun just hits her 9th in a row! Gophers up by 4.

1702240044518.png

Third quarter woes again. Battle cannot hit a layup and what’s up with Heyer‘s FT shooting this
Looks like she’s struggling with amount of shots Battle has taken and made. Just following online

OMG. Braun is covered and yet makes the shot with a sidewinder-fadeaway to tie the game.

1702241014102.png

1702241129249.png

1702241056357.png

Last edited:

Well, they did it. Undefeated in Big Ten play so far (1 game, LOL).

They did it.

1702241274104.png

1702241349772.png

Can we eliminate 3rd quarters! They seem to be Gophers Achilles heel.

That looked like a foul on Purdue when Battle stole the ball. Not sure if Gerald’s has a complaint on that one. Way to fight back,. Need to practice FT’s tho…

Top Bottom