Ayianna Johnson Enters the Portal

Someone said previously that she was homesick and wanted to be closer to her home.

Wonder if the Stewart addition made her second guess playing time? She is a hard working young lady with talent, but a still little raw.

Hope they can they can get 1 or 2 more from the portal. They have room for them.

Ayianna seems to have potential to be good. Size, strength, athleticism. But, it's going to take some time. Disappointing it's not going to happen here.

2024, I'm not sure you want to load up on freshmen. The way of the world it seems unlikely they'll be here when they develop versus a proven portal recruit who has a year or two of eligibility. We for sure need at least one other big. Two would be nice.

Thought she was a good fit on the squad. I think she was closest with Sanders though, so with Sanders being a post grad leaving after eligibility up, doesn't actually surprise me. I liked having Sanders on the team. Thought Sanders brought toughness and a defensive mindset to Gophers. Was thinking with Johnson not playing due to concussion protocol at the end of year she may leave. Best of luck to Aiyana Johnson. She was a good contributor while a Gopher.

Unfortunately as you win some you lose some. Seemed weird she never came back from her concussion?? Would have been interesting to see her develop year to year as thought she could use another year to learn from Soph and Stewart.

In the old days (prior to NIL and the infamous portal) she might have been willing to redshirt behind Hart and Stewart, who will both be gone after next year. Then, if she developed enough, she could have started for three years. But sadly, those days of being patient and waiting your turn are over.

In the old days (prior to NIL and the infamous portal) she might have been willing to redshirt behind Hart and Stewart, who will both be gone after next year. Then, if she developed enough, she could have started for three years. But sadly, those days of being patient and waiting your turn are over.

Yup, hopefully that is the mind set of some of the other younger ones. Keep working the way up with hard work.

Not shocked. She seemed frustrated with not more playing time vs Northwestern. I was hoping i was just reading into. Maybe still am but.....

Shes hearing from all over the country. She will be missed. Raw, but has talent for sure.

Dang! Always tough to see a player leave. You can only wish them the best and go from there. Johnson had some game to her. Just a matter of getting minutes. I wish her all the best.

Top Bottom