Axe Week

Unfortunately most legit streaming TV channels dont work once you are out of the US. Had the same issue with YouTube TV last year in Cabo
VPN connection back to the US. Works great in Europe with YouTubeTV.

If the game gets played it’s really good for the program regardless of outcome.

the longest consecutive played rivalry isn’t a huge deal but it is a deal. I would hate to lose that due to virus. I hope it’s played. I hope fans don’t lose their minds when Wisconsin wins.

One week to figure out how to watch the game in Mexico
Just know that any TV-watching in Mexico involves some visual exposure to women with unnecessarily giant boobs wearing very small dresses for the occasion.

If the game gets played it’s really good for the program regardless of outcome.

the longest consecutive played rivalry isn’t a huge deal but it is a deal. I would hate to lose that due to virus. I hope it’s played. I hope fans don’t lose their minds when Wisconsin wins.
Oh, they undoubtedly will. Things we know will happen following a Gophers loss, regardless of circumstances:
  • Play-calling will be questioned, particularly late in the game
  • 1 - 2 big decisions by HC will be attacked, although if they'd worked out nobody would say anything
  • Talent will be questioned, and people will ask why HC hasn't recruited better -- despite recruiting better than any Gophers coach in the modern era
  • People will lament why MN isn't at Wisconsin's (or Iowa's) level as a program in year 4 of the current regime -- despite Wisconsin and Iowa slowly building their brands under stable conditions (coaching staffs, admin support, fanbase, etc) for 3+ decades.

although if they'd worked out nobody would say anything

I get what you're saying ... but this is always the case. If we had gotten that first down on the fake punt vs. Michigan, that would've been genius. But we didn't. Etc.

despite recruiting better than any Gophers coach in the modern era

I'm sure this is true, and probably because of 2019 and 2020 classes (and will be 2021 as well). But the defensive players from 2017 and 2018 certainly aren't helping much this year. And yes, again, Oliver and Teague are out, so who knows.

despite Wisconsin and Iowa slowly building their brands under stable conditions (coaching staffs, admin support, fanbase, etc) for 3+ decades.

Such an important point, so true.

Interesting that Chryst gave up play calling this year. I didn't realize it. Allows him to focus on being a CEO type and should even make their program stronger.

They still run 63% of downs, but Northwestern forced them to pass 52% of the time last week. They also run a bit by committee this year with no back having more than 38 carries or 13 per game. Mo is at 155 or 31 per game.

I think it would benefit both teams.
I do not have a great deal of love for Fleck but he was right about not wanting to try to play football in the midst of a pandemic that has disrupted life as much as WW2 did.
This season is a cluster and nothing can be gained by pretending otherwise.

Oh, they undoubtedly will. Things we know will happen following a Gophers loss, regardless of circumstances:
  • Play-calling will be questioned, particularly late in the game
  • 1 - 2 big decisions by HC will be attacked, although if they'd worked out nobody would say anything
  • Talent will be questioned, and people will ask why HC hasn't recruited better -- despite recruiting better than any Gophers coach in the modern era
  • People will lament why MN isn't at Wisconsin's (or Iowa's) level as a program in year 4 of the current regime -- despite Wisconsin and Iowa slowly building their brands under stable conditions (coaching staffs, admin support, fanbase, etc) for 3+ decades.
We shall see if he can harness all that great recruiting and turn it into lots of Big wins and bowl wins

Interesting that Chryst gave up play calling this year. I didn't realize it. Allows him to focus on being a CEO type and should even make their program stronger.

They still run 63% of downs, but Northwestern forced them to pass 52% of the time last week. They also run a bit by committee this year with no back having more than 38 carries or 13 per game. Mo is at 155 or 31 per game.
He can probably still come over the top with comments like "[OC's name] what do you have for a run here, I don't like a pass", etc.

Top Bottom