Awful Second Half, Oh Well

LogicalGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Terrible time for Trevor to have his worst game of the year. Hard to beat quality teams when they have double-digit threes and you have 2. Without Nolen today I knew we would struggle taking care of the ball and Purdue plays good defense. Have to beat Indiana on the road now because Ohio State and Illinois are coming up.

Terrible time for Trevor to have his worst game of the year. Hard to beat quality teams when they have double-digit threes and you have 2. Without Nolen today I knew we would struggle taking care of the ball and Purdue plays good defense. Have to beat Indiana on the road now because Ohio State and Illinois are coming up.

Worst game of the year? I don't think so. Sure he missed a dunk and a putback, but other than that he was solid. 17 pts, 12 rbs, and 3 steals is something I'll take any game. And the game isn't even over yet.

Both Hoffarber and Trevor haven't played very well today. We can't expect to win on the road if those two don't play well.

Coulda

Coulda been worse. At least no one was injured.

Knock on wood.

On to Indiana!

Go Gophers!

Colton was terrible at the beginning of the 2nd half! Purdue goes up by 9 and that's it. A lot of teams are going into "hostile" places and winning (Mich, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Louisville, etc..)
so its not impossible to win at a rated team's place. Indiana scares me - stop the threes please!

Colton was terrible at the beginning of the 2nd half! Purdue goes up by 9 and that's it. A lot of teams are going into "hostile" places and winning (Mich, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Louisville, etc..)
so its not impossible to win at a rated team's place. Indiana scares me - stop the threes please!
Maybe those had more to do with a bad MSU squad, and severely overrated 'Nova, Syracuse, and UConn :p

I just don't like the excuse that we lost because its in the road everytime we lose on the road.

IMO the crowd played very little into why Purdue won. Purdue played the better game, simple as that. There were no real stretches where the crowd seemed "intimidating" in Minneapolis, MN was the better team and here Purdue was, I think that has less to do with location and more to do with these just being two very evenly matched teams.

I just don't like the excuse that we lost because its in the road everytime we lose on the road.

Even with a complete roster in-tact, I counted this as an L before the season. The gophers are something like 6-33 all-time at Mackey. Even when Purdue is down they are tough there. I think the Indiana game is going to be a season definer for the squad. If they lay an egg there then they most certaintly will be rolled by OSU. With no point guard teams like MSU and Illinois with quality guards will hurt us.

Rodney Williams was AWFUL today and should be benched for the IU game.

Either he needs to come out aggressive and drive to the basket or he needs to sit next to Eliason and Dawson the rest of the year.

Top Bottom