Austin Hollins

khoffman43

Reaction score
What does everyone project for Austin Hollins this year? He struggled mightily at times last year and unless he made significant improvements (which he may have done) he will struggle again this year. If he is logging serious minutes in the back court with his similarly named teammate, Welch, Chip, etc. then he needs to be far better than last year to avoid another disappointing season in The Barn. Guards dominate college basketball and even with Trevor and RS3 the Gophers needs more from the outside and overall improved guard play.

To me, Austin Hollins has the most pressure to perform because he played a lot last year and seems to be slotted into a larger role this year.

Let me know what you all think.

He'll be fine. Good all around player. Will get a lot of steals & his shooting will be improved. Least of the team's worries.

I'm not sure he's least of the team's worries. He plays great hustle D, and he'll rebound a little, but his offensive game (at least mentally) appears broken at times. If he's given too much room on a shot, he airballs it, and his drives tend to be out of control. However, a kid that athletic should be able to turn it around, one hopes.

To me Austin's best position is small forward. He has the length to guard smaller 3's and 2's. I don't believe he is under any more pressure than anyone else. I wish tubby would put Rodney under pressure by starting Austin when Rodney plays bad then maybe he would become more aggressive when he gets in there.

I think Austin will continue to improve as the season continues. He will get a lot of minutes and if his confidence improves, which it should with more floor time, he will become a very solid player. With improved confidence, Austion should be a pretty good shooter. It was interesting to watch Austin and Ralph tip slam a the same rebound together late in the game. I think they gave the basket to Ralph, but Austin and Ralph were smiling and talking about it at the next break.

He had his shooting confidence issues obviously, but the rest of his game, I thought, was rather solid last year. If he can get that shot right again, he'll be fine. I'm not overly worried about him, considering other pieces that need to be addressed.

Lot's of chatter about pg

sg needs to be addressed also

Will Andre and Welch be on the floor together

I believe that if we are to be successful this season, we will definitely need a few good man-to-man defenders. Austin should be one of them who can defend man-to-man and contribute offensively. We have played only one exhibition game so far. My expectation of him is rather high, to be honest. I hope he continues to develop so that he can be a big factor into the conference season.

IMO Austin is one of the few guys NOT to worry about. Rodney worries me 200X more b/c he can only dunk better than Austin and that is all. Austin is solid in a lot of aspects, he just may never be great, which is okay.

Top Bottom