Austin Henderson 3* TE commits to Gophers (Nashville, TN)

This is my favorite quote from the article:

"......."

After he saw Iowa St and had to drive through Iowa, he couldn't commit fast enough. I wonder if he was still in Ames when he called the Gophers...

This made my day and spilled my coffee. LOL!!

He’s 220 lbs and his strength is route running.

In the last 30 years of college football, has there ever been a kid that weighed 220 as a senior and ended up playing o-line in a power 5 conference? Unlikely to say the least...

Joe Thomas: Brookfield Central HS, Univ.of Wisconsin Started out as a tight end at Wi., Was moved to defensive end, then to Offensive Tackle. All American at Wi and All Pro in NFL for numerous years. Just retired a couple of years ago

Looks like the coaches are making those promised visits to see who's been naughty or nice this Fall.

On this kid specifically, his Rivals page shows he's up to 235 lbs...and 7 of the first 8 highlights on his tape show him blocking (quite effectively, I might add). Looks like a Jake Paulsen type, but I know very little about him...

I believe Robert Gallery put on about 80 pounds to become the first pick in the NFL draft

Looks like the coaches are making those promised visits to see who's been naughty or nice this Fall.

On this kid specifically, his Rivals page shows he's up to 235 lbs...and 7 of the first 8 highlights on his tape show him blocking (quite effectively, I might add). Looks like a Jake Paulsen type, but I know very little about him...
235 is a nice start, hopefully he can early enroll so we can continue beefing him up.

"The Gophers were a perfect fit. After I saw Iowa State today, I just knew where I wanted to be. I called the coaches after that visit and they seemed excited, pumped and also surprised I committed so fast, but excited."

After he saw Iowa St and had to drive through Iowa, he couldn't commit fast enough. I wonder if he was still in Ames when he called the Gophers...
So damn funny ? love this guy already.

"The Gophers were a perfect fit. After I saw Iowa State today, I just knew where I wanted to be. I called the coaches after that visit and they seemed excited, pumped and also surprised I committed so fast, but excited."

Might have been spreading liquid manure on the fields during their drive north out of Iowa. Enough to turn off most anyone....

Well well well. What do you expect? He was smelling the fresh aroma of Pigsville.

Top Bottom