Aug 22 Scrimmage Info

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted but here is the info for season ticket holders. Scrimmage will last about 1 1/2 hours.

Gopher Game Day Preview - August 22, 2009
12:00 p.m. - Parking lots open for tailgating
1:00 p.m. - Gopher Victory Walk
1:00 p.m. - Stadium gates open for premium seat holders
1:30 p.m. - All gates open
3:00 p.m. - Maroon and Gold scrimmage

Bring it!!

Can anyone from band (umnhcky or MinnMarchDTF) comment if the leadership or a volunteer band will be at this event? I'd love to get a sneak peak at how they sound.

Part of me is SUPER psyched for this event and the other part wants to stay away to make the first game that much more of a surprise as to how awesome this place will truly be.

Also, as asked before, will student season ticket holders be able to attend this event? I'm sure they'd like to see the inside as much as anyone else, and it would also be beneficial to prepare for that aspect of stadium entrance for the staff as well.

Can anyone from band (umnhcky or MinnMarchDTF) comment if the leadership or a volunteer band will be at this event? I'd love to get a sneak peak at how they sound.

I doubt it. This is the leadership retreat weekend.

The alumni band is supposed to play so I wouldn't expect much of a preview of what the real band will be like.

Per umnhcky--The leaders have a parade in Rochester that they are doing as part of the fundraising effort for their portion of the facility earlier that day. They will be arriving back in town right around the time the scrimmage will start and will combine with alumni band members in the band pit to play school songs/cheers/cadences. Will be less than half as loud as the full band but should still make a positive impact on the atmosphere.

Anyone know if you will be required to park in your designated parking lot for this event? If my lot is in St. Paul...1) Do I need to park there? 2) Will there be shuttles?

Also, as asked before, will student season ticket holders be able to attend this event? I'm sure they'd like to see the inside as much as anyone else, and it would also be beneficial to prepare for that aspect of stadium entrance for the staff as well.

From GopherSports:

The first public event hosted in TCF Bank Stadium, the Gopher Game Day Preview is being held exclusively for season ticket holders and students with official University identification.

So yes, students will be able to attend.

There will be a band in attendance. I'm guessing volutneers mostly since the drumline roster for that gig is current drumline members. It won't be the whole band, but it will be a taste of things to come. See you guys there.

Not sure if this has been posted but here is the info for season ticket holders. Scrimmage will last about 1 1/2 hours.

Gopher Game Day Preview - August 22, 2009
12:00 p.m. - Parking lots open for tailgating
1:00 p.m. - Gopher Victory Walk
1:00 p.m. - Stadium gates open for premium seat holders
1:30 p.m. - All gates open
3:00 p.m. - Maroon and Gold scrimmage

Bring it!!

And why exactly do the premium gates have to open 30 minutes sooner then the regular gates? Doesn't this also smack of elitism? Don't regular ticketholders deserve the right to get the very first peak at the stadium as much as the premium guys? Gates for one, gates for all I say.

Sorry it had to be said...

And why exactly do the premium gates have to open 30 minutes sooner then the regular gates? Doesn't this also smack of elitism? Don't regular ticketholders deserve the right to get the very first peak at the stadium as much as the premium guys? Gates for one, gates for all I say.

Sorry it had to be said...

Well, it is more about the idea that they can open the "club" early. But they can drink more outside.

So it is like a 30 minute penalty if they go in.

Top Bottom