Auburn sends 9 to combine

swingman

Reaction score
only five teams with more than auburn: LSU 16, Mich and Ohio State 11, Bama and Georgia 10

ND and Utah also with nine

Michigan State 7, Penn State 5, Iowa 5, Ne, Wi, and Mn 4, MD 3

Purdue 2, Indiana 1, Iowa State 1

Illinois 0, Rutgers 0, Northwestern 0,

FAU 2, byu 0, tn tech 0

fresno 2, ga southern 2, sdsu 0

ndsu 1, st johns 1

Last edited:

Good for them...next year we'll have more!

At least 9 others

Don't say that. I want our boys to end up in the NFL but I have too high of hopes for 2021. So that is the one year I hope we don't lose ANYONE early to the NFL. Or are you saying we graduate 9 next year? lol

Auburn had an experienced team with lots of Seniors and draft eligible Juniors. I doubt they’ll have 9 in the combine next year. I’m expecting them to take a step back unless their QB makes a Burrow-like leap. Look at what they have to replace on the DL and OL, for starters.

Unless we have a bunch of Juniors declare early, I’m not expecting many combine invites. Obviously, Bateman if he declares....maybe Durr, St-Juste, and 1 or 2 from the OL?

Bateman is a lock. Mo Ibrahim is also a lock. Of course they could come back, but a defection or two more from the offensive line is also very possible. Here are the seniors for next year.

Seth Green - I bet he gets an invite!
Ko Kleft - Most likely not
Conner Olson - Not sure, but he has the size for the NFL
Sam Schlueter - Great Grades from PFF! He probably gets an invite.
Coney Durr - Definite invite
St-Juste - He has 2 years of eligibility but if he plays well he will go.

Juniors who could go:
Andries
FaAlele
Dunlap
Morgan - If he repeats his performance, why not?
Bateman
Ibrahim

That's 12. Pretty damn hard to pull off an LSU type of turnout and this would really deplete our team. Question is, How good of a season would we need to be ok with gutting our depth?

National Champs? Definitely
Final four teams? Probably
B1G Champions? Probably
West Champions? No
Anything less? No

Last edited:

I think we are at about four combine invites again next year. Bateman, Schluetter, Durr, and Seth Green if he gets increased opportunities. There are a few dark horses to interchange but we should have 4 or 5 guys?

To hit this number or higher we must win games and be competitive again in 2020.

Go Gophers!

Interesting comment from the new OC at Auburn. Auburn will,be incorporating the tight end in their offensive scheme for 2020. Really could have used a tight end against Minnesota. They signed three tight ends in 2020 class.

Must have watched how Iowa, WI and Penn State utilized the TE against us. One of the hard things of having a 4-2-5 defense is finding a good match up against the TE. I do believe we will be better equipped athletically to match up with TE this upcoming year.

Michigan State seven? Not much of a wins to talent ratio.

Top Bottom