Attention Spring Game Ticket Holders! - Videos

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Attendance rules are different than the usual games. No bags (not even clear bags), credit only to pay for food, and more:

Hopefully they have enough food....the U has stumbled on that in the past...

Last edited:

Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but why are bags not allowed? We managed to get additional tickets, so the whole family will be coming. I'm used to putting all our baby crap in a clear stadium bag, but why can't we even bring that? I can bring a massive box of diapers for other people's kids, but for my own kid, I have to carry a few diapers, wipes, and changing pad in my hands (while managing the kids)? I'm not really complaining, as I'm just excited to be able to go. Just seems like one of the many things that falls under the category of "cuz 'Rona", but not really logical in any way.

Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but why are bags not allowed? We managed to get additional tickets, so the whole family will be coming. I'm used to putting all our baby crap in a clear stadium bag, but why can't we even bring that? I can bring a massive box of diapers for other people's kids, but for my own kid, I have to carry a few diapers, wipes, and changing pad in my hands (while managing the kids)? I'm not really complaining, as I'm just excited to be able to go. Just seems like one of the many things that falls under the category of "cuz 'Rona", but not really logical in any way.
I wonder if no bag is just because.... they're going to be shorter on staff / don't want to check bags.

Most of how this has played out seem to simply things administration wise. Ticket distribution and etc.

Based on completely cashless concept, they must think checking bags could transmit the Rona?

Unfortunately I won't be attending, so the only beef I have is that they totally misspelled Jen Halvorson's name in the video.

I think as a courtesy if you know someone going to the event, please reach out and let them know about the bag policy.

There will still be a number of individuals (in a previous time they would have been called "women") who will be quite shocked they cannot bring in their handbags (or "purses" back in the day).

I wonder if no bag is just because.... they're going to be shorter on staff / don't want to check bags.

Most of how this has played out seem to simply things administration wise. Ticket distribution and etc.
I would guess that is the far more likely reason. Since this is not a full on game and just a couple hour long practice I am sure they want to keep staffing as light as possible.

Not needing to check bags will keep the lines moving at the gate and keep people from having to stand around together for extended periods of times as well.

I wouldn't assume that any of these policies are going to carry over to gamedays in the fall.

I think as a courtesy if you know someone going to the event, please reach out and let them know about the bag policy.

There will still be a number of individuals (in a previous time they would have been called "women") who will be quite shocked they cannot bring in their handbags (or "purses" back in the day).
We went to the game in East Lansing a while back, before any of the local stadiums had "bag policies" that required clear bags. So we didn't even think to look it up, as we had no idea such a thing existed. So we get to security and they tell my wife she can't bring in her purse. Of course, it was nice and she didn't want to just leave it at the gate for somebody to take. So we exited the line, took everything out of the purse, and she carried it all in with her two hands. I folded up the purse, tucked it under my sweatshirt, and got through the line. Then as we got to our seat, she proceeded to fill her purse back up.

Yep, they want to limit close contact between ticket holders and security employees as much as possible. While an individual ticket holder might only have a 20 second interaction with a security employee, those employees could have hundreds of those interactions if they wand or pat down everyone, check bags, hand scan tickets, etc. At one point there was discussion of investing in scanners where you would scan your own ticket or bar code on your phone with security monitoring that process, but I don't know if we have that yet. I really hope that they are using this game as a dry run for any possible policy or procedure changes for the fall.

I guess you will have to wear light jackets with deep pockets, or lots of pockets for stuff like feminine hygiene products, diapers, etc...

This game should be a family friendly outing. I worry about families with little kids. I don't know if they can make exception for families. It will be quite disappointing if some of the folks cannot cater to their little ones' needs. We want the young ones to start the next generations of kids dreaming to be Gophers.

Yep, Mrs. Billd was toting around the equivalent of a WWII jeep parachute with the young'uns for several years...

1619550850842.png

In 2019 we went to the Gophers game at Rutgers and they had a no bag policy. My wife, daughter, son's girlfriend and her mom had to scramble to find lockers at $10 a pop. It was a pain in the butt

I guess you will have to wear light jackets with deep pockets, or lots of pockets for stuff like feminine hygiene products, diapers, etc...

This game should be a family friendly outing. I worry about families with little kids. I don't know if they can make exception for families. It will be quite disappointing if some of the folks cannot cater to their little ones' needs. We want the young ones to start the next generations of kids dreaming to be Gophers.
Under normal circumstances that is what the spring game is for and probably will be again at some point in the future. But we are still not yet under normal circumstances so they can't really cater to kids and families the way they would probably like to.

For this one, the main thing is getting some fans back in the stands to support the team. Don't think they can afford to be overly concerned about catering to the younger crowd right now. Up to families if they want to try and bring the kiddos to this knowing that it won't be the typical stadium atmosphere with activities and what not geared towards the younger crowd.

Under normal circumstances that is what the spring game is for and probably will be again at some point in the future. But we are still not yet under normal circumstances so they can't really cater to kids and families the way they would probably like to.

For this one, the main thing is getting some fans back in the stands to support the team. Don't think they can afford to be overly concerned about catering to the younger crowd right now. Up to families if they want to try and bring the kiddos to this knowing that it won't be the typical stadium atmosphere with activities and what not geared towards the younger crowd.
Not the first time "not geared towards younger crowd" has happened. The packages for the outback bowl, tailgate seemed not super family oriented.

I suspect their first thought are donors and those aren't usually family with kids.

I get it, but it does seem a bit of a loss.

All these aforementioned are just minor inconveniences looking at our lives in totality. We will look back at the 2020 and 2021 seasons as a cataclysm in the natural order of our lives. Everything is disrupted. Family events, our connectivity with our loved ones, the way we work, the way we worship, the way we entertain, and the way we shop. All the sports activities we hold dear are disrupted. For some of us, death in the family. There were five deaths in my family in the the last year. We have a lot more to be thankful for.

Unfortunately I won't be attending, so the only beef I have is that they totally misspelled Jen Halvorson's name in the video.
This is a rare mistake between the Swede/Norwegian "son" and the Danish "sen". They do this to Jim Petersen all the time and I tease him via Twitter...it always pisses him off.

Top Bottom