attendance prediction for msu game? actual attendance, not tix sold

what is your prediction for actual fans in attendance, not tix sold?

• under 40k

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • 40k - 43k

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • 43k - 46k

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • more than 47k

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters

Go4

Reaction score
what is your prediction for actual fans in attendance, not tix sold?

I have a hard time believing more than 40,000 people walk through the gate on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I would be happy to be proven wrong, though.

I was ripped for saying it would be less than 40k for Purdue...but I think I was right.

We have as bad of an offense as we had during the Jed Fisch era.
We have a coach who has been accused of the same crimes as Mike Leach.
We have thanksgiving weekend where people will want to be with their families.
We have a mediocre opponent coming into town.
WE have the difference between one mediocre bowl and another on the line.
We have an annoying PA announcer.
We have no students on campus due to thanksgiving.
We have our best WR not named gray transferring.
We have gray who may or may not be healthy.

If we get 40k we should be really pleased with things

You guys really need to rehash this discussion every week?

If anyone has extra tickets they don't want, let me know - I always make sure they go to good use! However, I only want free tix for people, as your season tickets have been devalued, but I know you all look at it as a donation to the U, so we're good :)

I have said all along Coach Kill deserves four years to try and get a winning record in the Big Ten. 2011 we were 2-6, this season it looks like 2-6, next season also looks like 2-6. That means 2014 will be his make or break season IMO

Better hope for 2013, as Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin and PSU are all at home. That's a pretty charitable draw. the 2014 schedule has all those teams as road games.

TCF holds 50,800 so I would guess between 35,000-38,000 actual butts in the seats. This has been a very strange year for Gopher Football. Because of our very weak non conference schedule most people figured we would go 6-6 and play in a Minor Bowl, but the North Carolina debacle and now with AJ leaving it feels like I just want this nightmare season to end. Not sure getting beat by four touchdowns in a Bowl game will do this program any good? I have said all along Coach Kill deserves four years to try and get a winning record in the Big Ten. 2011 we were 2-6, this season it looks like 2-6, next season also looks like 2-6. That means 2014 will be his make or break season IMO

Explain...???

Explain...???

I can see that 2-6 on paper. We drop the two teams we beat (to date) and replace them with a Penn State team that doesn't seem quite ready to curl up in a ball and a road game at Indiana where they have some really good things happening on the offensive side of the ball at least. Tough to project until you see how teams rosters look and how they are playing during the early part of the year but given how we have looked this year in the conference it isn't going to get easier schedule wise. About the only sure thing with next year is that we should be an untested 4-0 when the BIG season gets under way.

TCF holds 50,800 so I would guess between 35,000-38,000 actual butts in the seats. This has been a very strange year for Gopher Football. Because of our very weak non conference schedule most people figured we would go 6-6 and play in a Minor Bowl, but the North Carolina debacle and now with AJ leaving it feels like I just want this nightmare season to end. Not sure getting beat by four touchdowns in a Bowl game will do this program any good? I have said all along Coach Kill deserves four years to try and get a winning record in the Big Ten. 2011 we were 2-6, this season it looks like 2-6, next season also looks like 2-6. That means 2014 will be his make or break season IMO

Does your crystal ball show Hageman returning?

33K in attendance on Saturday. It will be sad. People are going to complain that it is "too cold" when the forecast high is 34 degrees (WHICH IS 1 FREAKING DEGREE BELOW THE HISTORICAL AVERAGE FOR November 24th!) I get so sick and tired of the "too cold" crap. We wanted outdoor football, dress properly and support your team.

I don't care how many people will be there. My wife and I will be taking my inlaws (some from Brazil) to their 1st Gopher (and college football) game and we'll be loud enough for an entire section of people. A new thanksgiving tradition starts!

I figured a win at Indiana and split Iowa at home and Northwestern on the Road. Losing the rest puts them 2-6 in the Big Ten again. I hope I'm wrong, but on paper its very probable the Gophers are 2-6 in the Big Ten again. IMO

Winnable games on the schedule include:
@Indiana
Penn State
@Northwestern
Iowa

Not a longshot:
Wisconsin
@Michigan State

Probable Losses:
Nebraska
Michigan

But, a 2-6 prediction 9-10 months from opening day seems about right.

you same rubes hash out this same stupid thread every week. so silly. and it seems to be the only time gopher votary posts his usual lame snarkiness and shallowness. usually to tell us for the 500th time that we have iowa, becky and nebby all on the home schedule next year and to take a cheap shot at the students. well, thanks for breaking that news gopher votary. we had no idea who is on the home schedule next year and we had no idea how you felt about the student section. without you i wouldn't even know who we are playing week to week. you are so insightful and fresh. :rolleyes:

Two things that will bring down attendance:

1.) State high school football championships at the dome at almost same time.
2.) Many students going home or people traveling out of town for Thanksgiving weekend.

Two things that will bring down attendance:

1.) State high school football championships at the dome at almost same time.
2.) Many students going home or people traveling out of town for Thanksgiving weekend.

outside of people who are from the cities actually playing in the prep, or direct family/friends, very few casual observers go to watch the prep bowl games.

Earlier in the season there was a lot more marketing being done to sell tickets. For those on twitter, remember the #bethere hash tag? Where has that gone? I haven't seen much of anything lately to help promote ticket sales. I got word of the $10 ticket deal for this weeks game here. Had I not seen it here, I doubt I would have even known about it. For an athletic department that knows ticket sales are down, they certainly don't seem to be doing much to change that! I hope a good crowd shows up Saturday, but I just don't see it happening.

Earlier in the season there was a lot more marketing being done to sell tickets. For those on twitter, remember the #bethere hash tag? Where has that gone? I haven't seen much of anything lately to help promote ticket sales. I got word of the $10 ticket deal for this weeks game here. Had I not seen it here, I doubt I would have even known about it. For an athletic department that knows ticket sales are down, they certainly don't seem to be doing much to change that! I hope a good crowd shows up Saturday, but I just don't see it happening.

I thought the same thing earlier today, I am surprised that the U has apparently made a conscious decision to not promote this game like they've previously done. Unless it means that this game has sold much better than we anticipate, although I have my doubts about that.

Go Gophers!!

you same rubes hash out this same stupid thread every week. so silly. and it seems to be the only time gopher votary posts his usual lame snarkiness and shallowness. usually to tell us for the 500th time that we have iowa, becky and nebby all on the home schedule next year and to take a cheap shot at the students. well, thanks for breaking that news gopher votary. we had no idea who is on the home schedule next year and we had no idea how you felt about the student section. without you i wouldn't even know who we are playing week to week. you are so insightful and fresh. :rolleyes:

You are welcome!

Gopher Nation!

33K in attendance on Saturday. It will be sad. People are going to complain that it is "too cold" when the forecast high is 34 degrees (WHICH IS 1 FREAKING DEGREE BELOW THE HISTORICAL AVERAGE FOR November 24th!) I get so sick and tired of the "too cold" crap. We wanted outdoor football, dress properly and support your team.

I sadly agree. I bet we will be in the 32-35K range mid-way through the first half and I bet by the start of the 4th we'll be below 30K no matter if we're winning or not. Our group will be there.

If the weather is the same as it was yesterday, I will be surprised if there are over 30K butts in the seats. Better hope for sun and a slight warm up...sad for a team that is fighting to upgrade its bowl game.

Top Bottom