Athlons: Negative Recruiting Against Nebraska Shows Concern by Opponents

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlons:

Regardless of those among the Nebraska fan base that still aren’t convinced Mike Riley is the guy for the job, there are several coaches across the land that believe he still has one of the best eyes for talent in the game.

Last Tuesday, 93.7 The Ticket’s Mike Welch reported that he had been given information by sources that a Big Ten and SEC school were using negative chatter online to deride the Big Red.

http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ting-against-nebraska-shows-concern-opponents

Go Gophers!!

Nebraska media are like their fans, they're grasp onto anything.

There was a story earlier in the summer about the difference between the general tone of tweets about Bo, comparing tweets around the end of his job there and current tweets on Riley (go figure, they were different....). It was like some sort of PR "conversation" examination and apparently that meant that Riley was going to... win some games?

I'm going to laugh when the Huskers only win 6 or 7 games this year. Pelini left the program in a much better situation than what he inherited under Callahan, yet Pelini still won 9 games in his first year.

Having grown up in South Dakota and having a number of friends who are Husker fans, I find myself cheering against Nebraska again like I did when they ran Solich out of town.

Top Bottom