Athan Kaliakmanis

kg21

Reaction score
Does anyone know how he looks in practice?

In looking to next year, Annexsted is a statue, and I just have this feeling Kramer can't pass well.

We need a qb who can make things out of nothing with his legs. He was a highly touted, dual threat.

Any chance this guy is the real deal and can win the job next year? I'm ready for a step up in the passing game and making plays from qb with our feet.

Heard he's got a long ways to go but has potential. Not ready next year.
Honestly, it may be JC or transfer portal time to find a QB next year.

Burns said as much as Les re AK17 -- long way to go. Also I think you've got more than a feeling on Kramer. His passes this year have been shaky. I seem to recall his deep shots against Iowa didn't look trbl even though one was a pick.

Heard he's got a long ways to go but has potential. Not ready next year.
Honestly, it may be JC or transfer portal time to find a QB next year.
Not what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the info, though.

Burns said as much as Les re AK17 -- long way to go. Also I think you've got more than a feeling on Kramer. His passes this year have been shaky. I seem to recall his deep shots against Iowa didn't look trbl even though one was a pick.
Kramer has thrown two passes. Both completed ... TD and 18 yards to Ko. He was 70% In high school career with no interceptions.

Kramer has thrown two passes. Both completed ... TD and 18 yards to Ko. He was 70% In high school career with no interceptions.
I get it -- I get it -- but you can't tell me his two passes were darts. I didn't say he threw two incompletions. I said they were shaky . . . which they definitively were.

College football is a whole new level for incoming recruits. That's the thing about jumping from H.S. to college. A highly touted H.S. QB may find that college-level football is overwhelming. I think Athan might be feeling that right now.

Just about everyone is in the same boat. Suddenly, you are just average. Mature college players are faster/stronger. The game speed is faster than in H.S.

Some athletes are natural, and they adapt quickly. This depends on the position. Running Backs may fare better. QBs have a lot to process and learn. But for the majority, they need seasoning in the development program. That is why coaches are reluctant to burn redshirts. Kids need to mentally and physically develop for the next level of football.

I would think it is Zack Annexstad as the starting QB. The mystery behind this is why haven't we heard from Jacob Clark? We need good backups.

The perils of looking for QBs in the Transfer Portal is ending up with someone like Vic Viramontes. On the other hand, you might get someone like Adrian Martinez. Wouldn't that be nice if the Gophers have him as a grad transfer? It won't happen.

If PJ Fleck is true to his word, he should be constantly out-recruiting roster players regardless of position. There is a time to be serious about chasing championships instead of being content with the players you have.

I'd be shocked if Annexstad wasn't the starter next year - if nothing else as a bridge to the Athan/Knuth battle.

I also think Kramer sticks around his entire career, but I bet Clark transfers after this season.

I'd be shocked if Annexstad wasn't the starter next year - if nothing else as a bridge to the Athan/Knuth battle.

I also think Kramer sticks around his entire career, but I bet Clark transfers after this season.
It depends on his aspirations.

He may also have a girlfriend going to the U. That is a big anchor.

If he does want to transfer, FCS may be a good landing spot. He may be the next Chris Streveler.

What about Jacob Clark?

With so few open practices, it's hard to know who is getting reps, etc.

I highly doubt this staff goes into next season naked.
I looked back at Clarks recruiting profile/offer list.

i really feel bad for the kid. He did everything he could in his very limited playing time to show he is a gamer.

it wasnt good enough for PJ which is shocking.

as much as this would suck, i would be surprised if he doesnt transfer and ends up doing very well in a different program.

College football is a whole new level for incoming recruits. That's the thing about jumping from H.S. to college. A highly touted H.S. QB may find that college-level football is overwhelming. I think Athan might be feeling that right now.

Just about everyone is in the same boat. Suddenly, you are just average. Mature college players are faster/stronger. The game speed is faster than in H.S.

Some athletes are natural, and they adapt quickly. This depends on the position. Running Backs may fare better. QBs have a lot to process and learn. But for the majority, they need seasoning in the development program. That is why coaches are reluctant to burn redshirts. Kids need to mentally and physically develop for the next level of football.

I would think it is Zack Annexstad as the starting QB. The mystery behind this is why haven't we heard from Jacob Clark? We need good backups.

The perils of looking for QBs in the Transfer Portal is ending up with someone like Vic Viramontes. On the other hand, you might get someone like Adrian Martinez. Wouldn't that be nice if the Gophers have him as a grad transfer? It won't happen.

If PJ Fleck is true to his word, he should be constantly out-recruiting roster players regardless of position. There is a time to be serious about chasing championships instead of being content with the players you have.
I may be mistaken but I recall Fleck saying something at the post spring game presser about Clark's shoulder being dinged up. It wouldn't be the first time he has withheld injury information from the public. If it's a rotator cuff type injury it could take a while to heal.

If PJ Fleck is true to his word, he should be constantly out-recruiting roster players regardless of position.
Wouldn’t Adrian M fall in the perils side of things? He hasn’t exactly led the Huskers to the promised land. He also is a terrible passer.

if there isn’t a Qb on the roster right now who can step in next year and lead this team then PJs recruiting at that position is no better than previous coaches.

Sanford is our qb coach.
We’re screwed.
There’s been negative development.

It'll be Athan or Kramer next year. In Athan's case guys improve a lot in their first off season, he will have January work outs, Spring ball, summer work outs and a fall camp next year with a whole year under his belt.

It'll be Athan or Kramer next year. In Athan's case guys improve a lot in their first off season, he will have January work outs, Spring ball, summer work outs and a fall camp next year with a whole year under his belt.
If Kramer was the QB in waiting I think they would have him throwing more out of the wildcat to keep defenses more honest.

Athan will only be a redshirt freshmen next season. I doubt PJ hands the offense over to him over a super senior like Annexstad.

Your starting QB next season will be Annexstad. If he falters then maybe you will see a change but I doubt it.

I may be mistaken but I recall Fleck saying something at the post spring game presser about Clark's shoulder being dinged up. It wouldn't be the first time he has withheld injury information from the public. If it's a rotator cuff type injury it could take a while to heal.
That would make sense then. The kid had some solid offers and looked good in limited game time and spring game time

What the are odds being set at? I would say that Morgan has just as good of odds to be the starter as anyone. We'll see if senior day against Wisconsin sheds any light on the situation.

What the are odds being set at? I would say that Morgan has just as good of odds to be the starter as anyone. We'll see if senior day against Wisconsin sheds any light on the situation.
Even if he is not the best, look at all of his experience. He is not going Pro, he will come back and play.

Even if he is not the best, look at all of his experience. He is not going Pro, he will come back and play.
Add that his fiance is also from MN, he might come back and then roll right into a Doctorate Assistant position. 😂

Top Bottom