"At the Game" Thread

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Wish I could have made this one. If you're heading to the game, give us some insights on the vibe.

Last edited:

Pics or GTFO

But seriously, kudos to all who traveled down!

Yankees suck, but they have a nice facility. Great party at Steinbrenner Field.

How filled is it? What's the split Gopher fans vs Auburn fans?

Well represented Ski U Mah! Crowd is loud. Stuck home with influenza A:cry: Watching the game on tv is helping ease my pain.

Looked like our fans traveled and represented well.

Surrounded by great Gopher fans! Loved it!

It was awesome! I'll try to post some photos when I can, but it was an amazing day! Auburn brought a great crowd as well, but I think MN outnumbered them by a decent amount. Third levels were pretty sparse as far as I could tell, but 1st and 2nd levels were pretty full on both sides. 73 degrees and sunny. Just gorgeous. Very loud crowd, band was great, beer at the pregame party outside was only $3 :)

SUM, RTB, GG

Looked like our fans traveled and represented well.

• Bottom bowl was completely full.
  • Upper deck on Auburn's side had a bell-curve shape in the middle three sections.
  • All four upper deck corners were filled with high-school band members.
  • I couldn't see the Minnesota side upper deck, but it sure felt like we had more people than they did. Seemed like about a 55/45 MN split.

Good showing on the TV guys !

Shout out to the kid on his Dad's shoulders... PJ impersonation compete with shaved head, tie, headset and 1/4 zip.

Well that was incredible.

First off, excellent hosts. Friendly stadium staff, parking attendants, etc. Very impressed.

Second, stadium itself was really cool. I had great seats in the Minnesota end zone. Amazing weather helped a lot.

Third, fans of both teams were awesome. Great gopher fans around us, great Auburn fan interactions before, during and after the game.

Finally, what a fucking game. Awesom Gopher crowd (I hope this was obvious on TV) that easily outnumbered the Auburn fans. Players were excellent, coaching was elite.

Zero complaints from me on my first bowl game experience.

Great venue and atmosphere . I went to the Sun and Citrus bowl and this was the best bowl. Of course, it helps when your team outplays a good SEC team. The old stereotype that we do not travel well needs to be retired. Go Gophers !

• Bottom bowl was completely full.
  • Upper deck on Auburn's side had a bell-curve shape in the middle three sections.
  • All four upper deck corners were filled with high-school band members.
  • I couldn't see the Minnesota side upper deck, but it sure felt like we had more people than they did. Seemed like about a 55/45 MN split.
I will note that the TV camera side showed mainly the Auburn side of the field. It was not often that they showed the MN fans, and I never saw a good, broad view of the opposite side of the field (which I assume had more MN fans). From just the TV view, you'd have thought the Auburn fans significantly outnumbered Gopher fans. The loudness of cheering was the only true suggestion otherwise.

I will note that the TV camera side showed mainly the Auburn side of the field. It was not often that they showed the MN fans, and I never saw a good, broad view of the opposite side of the field (which I assume had more MN fans). From just the TV view, you'd have thought the Auburn fans significantly outnumbered Gopher fans. The loudness of cheering was the only true suggestion otherwise.
You could tell from the overhead shots. Lots of M&G. Top deck looked almost completely empty.

Top Bottom