As of today, 4,700 tickets remain for TCU game

Did a quick open on gopher ticket office looking at each section. 87 seats left on lower deck including expanded seating all single seats. Only section i saw in upper deck with much available was 216 with 70 seats remaining, did not see another section with more than 10 seats open. If they have 2000 left they aren't showing something. Even club sections look full except for scattered singles.

Correction saw about 100 seats open in 231-234 as well.

Should see a Reusse article next week stating that since this game is a sellout, it proves he is correct that we are way to focused on football at the U of M and we need a new AD that can guarantee sellouts for track and field.

I think you mean if we win he'll write an article about what an atrocity it is that all the people who wanted to go to the game couldn't because the U didn't have the foresight to build the stadium big enough. If we lose it'll be about how we were all so stupid to even go to the game because will never be able to complete with the big boys, Kill is a fraud, and the U doesn't fully support the team enough to win.

I just tried to buy a maroon package online and it seemed to take me all the way to checkout. They must have just stopped selling football only.

I just checked football only. They look to be available now. Must have just been an IT glitch this morning.

Still interesting and valid that single student tickets are not available for this game.

I just checked football only. They look to be available now. Must have just been an IT glitch this morning.

Still interesting and valid that single student tickets are not available for this game.

In the past they have only sold single game tickets the week of the game.

Should see a Reusse article next week stating that since this game is a sellout, it proves he is correct that we are way to focused on football at the U of M and we need a new AD that can guarantee sellouts for track and field.

Man this guy is in some people's heads.

3000 sold on 1 week. I wouldn't be too concerned about a lack of marketing for this game. Why spend a bunch more on advertising if it will already sell out?

Speaking for myself only, I'm talking about overall marketing.........not just one game.

I don't believe the season is sold out yet. There is a long way to go to get Gopher Football on the minds of people in this state.

Even if it does sell out, the fact that it has not already is embarrassing.

Speaking for myself only, I'm talking about overall marketing.........not just one game.

I don't believe the season is sold out yet. There is a long way to go to get Gopher Football on the minds of people in this state.

For what it's worth I was on my way up to Alexandria this afternoon and there's a pretty nice Brick By Brick billboard on 94 west right around Rogers. First Gopher billboard I've seen in quite some time.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sweet! I wonder where that one is. The one in Rogers is #5, I think. Drove by pretty quickly so I can't recall who was on it, but there were 3-4 players.

Screw just aiming for sellouts, I'd love it if we could sell thousands of STRO tickets. There could be 55,000+ at this game if the U cared enough to try.

Sweet! I wonder where that one is. The one in Rogers is #5, I think. Drove by pretty quickly so I can't recall who was on it, but there were 3-4 players.

There's one of Leidner off of 694 just before Rice st in shoreview.

Even if it does sell out, the fact that it has not already is embarrassing.

Bull. Not winning at least 6 games in the Big Ten since 1973 is embarrassing. Losing to Iowa 56-0 is embarrassing. Losing to Wisconsin every year since 2003 is embarrassing. Being embarrassed that a game isn't sold out weeks in advance? You embarrass easily and troll a lot.

Screw just aiming for sellouts, I'd love it if we could sell thousands of STRO tickets. There could be 55,000+ at this game if the U cared enough to try.

Then the team has to quit going into the offseason losing most if not all of their last 3-4 games. Then we/they don't have to keep telling people again and again "that next year things will be different."

Then the team has to quit going into the offseason losing most if not all of their last 3-4 games. Then we/they don't have to keep telling people again and again "that next year things will be different."

I'd agree there's some merit to this. It still doesn't mean the U shouldn't try. In fact, I'd argue that because of our records the U should be trying extra hard to sell tickets. It's so simple it's stupid.

I'd agree there's some merit to this. It still doesn't mean the U shouldn't try. In fact, I'd argue that because of our records the U should be trying extra hard to sell tickets. It's so simple it's stupid.

Understood. It's just that Marketing seems to work best to get people to try a product. They've got to enjoy that product to come back. There are many Gopher "non"-faithful out there who have already tried the product and found it wanting. Marketing/Advertising/Radio Appearances etc. is not going to convince people to spend what is now a lot of money to see team that they see again and again winning in the beginning of the season, only to lose out at the end. And maybe 3-4 times at that.

We all might/do wish they'd forget those last games, but until they can beat the damn Badgers and win a damn Bowl Game, even millions of dollars of Marketing isn't going to convince people to "ignore their own eyes."

Dammit...

Understood. It's just that Marketing seems to work best to get people to try a product. They've got to enjoy that experience. There are many of the Gopher "non"-faithful out there who have already tried the product and found it wanting. Marketing/Advertising/Radio Appearances etc. is not going to convince people to spend what is now a lot of money to see team that they see again and again winning in the beginning of the season, only to lose out at the end. And maybe 3-4 times at that.

We all might/do wish they'd forget those last games, but until they can beat the damn Badgers and win a damn Bowl Game, even millions of dollars of Marketing isn't going to convince people to "ignore their own eyes."

Dammit...

No doubt marketing is a gamble. It costs a ton and if it works thousands of new/potential fans give Gopher Football a shot. Win and they're hooked for awhile. But, if the team get's curbed stomped by TCU chances are those newbies aren't coming back. It's a frustrating spot the program is at. The team is exciting and has potential....but it hasn't gotten there and may never. I was talking to my brother today and he said "Damn, I just wish we could break through and have that magical season, where everything goes right." Maybe 2015 is that season. If it is, 2016 ticket sales just got a whole heck of a lot better.

Sorry, but I think those billboards suck. RELENTLESS and brick by brick. What the hell does that mean to the average Joe?

The bold says it all. And the placement??????????????????

The Brick by Brick is really lame. It may be cute to some of the diehards, but to others it's a WTF.

Need to get the name out there. Sorry but we've crossed over the line to where many young people don't even know what the Gophers are. Get the name/brand out in the face of people on a daily basis.......and not all of it is that expensive. Sponsors can cover costs.

No one does a poorer job of marketing their product than the U of M.

Need to get the name out there. Sorry but we've crossed over the line to where many young people don't even know what the Gophers are. Get the name/brand out in the face of people on a daily basis.......and not all of it is that expensive. Sponsors can cover costs.

No one does a poorer job of marketing their product than the U of M.

They've got 3 and half hours on Network TV a week from Thursday to market their product. Let's hope they do a better job.

Nothing short of a sellout will be disappointing as this game is pivotal to the Gophers season.

They'll know how good a team they really have next Thursday.

Nothing short of a sellout will be disappointing as this game is pivotal to the Gophers season.

Unless you think we have a chance at the CFP, this game means little to nothing.

Unless you think we have a chance at the CFP, this game means little to nothing.

Why do you say that? One huge win can push a program forward. Even if we lose 2-3 games after that. I would say as long as the Gophers aren't humiliated in those other games, they would attract more viewers.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I don't think we'll know a whole lot more next Thursday than we know today. We still must wait 12 more days to make our opening statement.

Guess I'll put you down for a NO.

station19 - Good one - Besides, it is both easier to spell and write. I do have a request for you though. I just heard some lightening so you must be sending us some more rain down 94. We have enough now so you can quit any time.

station19 - Good one - Besides, it is both easier to spell and write. I do have a request for you though. I just heard some lightening so you must be sending us some more rain down 94. We have enough now so you can quit any time.

Now that's a gift.

Ha, I took a nap and slept through it. Clearing now, radar shows over msp now.

Now that's a gift.

Excellent :clap:

Why do you say that? One huge win can push a program forward. Even if we lose 2-3 games after that. I would say as long as the Gophers aren't humiliated in those other games, they would attract more viewers.

In my opinion, a big win in a non conference game in early September would have little to no impact on public perception. We've won big games. Heck, we've beaten top 5 teams on the road in the Big Ten. It means nothing unless you follow it up with trophies.

Beating TCU would be great. It would get people's attention. It's going to be a really fun game for the fans who buy tickets. TCU coming to the bank is something to get excited about. However, winning would mean jack squat to the casual fan if we lose to Wisconsin again and are sitting at home on Championship Saturday. Casual fans don't care if we beat TCU and go 4-0 in the non-conference. The only thing the casual fan cares about is division titles, big ten titles, and Rose Bowls.

You are correct. One huge win can push a program forward. That huge win is Ohio State in December in Indianapolis.

Top Bottom