As a fan, what Gopher related additions are you making this season?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
With the season just a few weeks away, I'm curious what personal additions you're making to your Gopher repertoire this year?

Does "Gopher Bandana Guy" have a new road or home Gopher bandana this year?

New tailgating equipment?

New late-season Gophers gear in anticipation of harsher November weather?

New contraption to keep your in-stadium beer cold once purchased at TCF Bank Stadium?

For us, our big addition is we finally added a flag pole attached to the front of our house. We purchased new maroon M and a new gold M flags (for home and away games) that we will put up on our house the Friday morning of each game week, and will take it down each Sunday evening.

Go Gophers!!

Retro helmets

I purchased 3 full size replica Gopher helmets from eras gone bye to decorate my own personal Gopher hole (man cave for MN fans)

We added Nebraska to our away B1G road trips we take each year. Also plan to add a feather to our Golden Gopher football hats by attending every game this year starting with UNLV.

Go Gophers!

Maroon and Gold Zubaz for my early Saturday morning games watching from San Diego at 9:00 PST. Also hoping to have a new jersey with the new design by the time the UNLV game rolls around. If anyone has inside info on the timeline for release please post.

Ski-U-Mah

Just the usual.. New hat(s) and gear. Will eventually get a jersey as well.

Bought a few more koozies. Always important to have a few extra on hand to keep some hands warm from the frosty beverages.

Two or three new shirts.Not sure what else.

Renew of season tickets in better location, T-Shirts, Hoodies and gotta find one of the new helmets for my man cave. Anybody know where I can get actual game helmets?? Replicas are all online, but the new helmet prob will not even be out for a while.

Added to the tailgating gear:

I made a new tailgating table, and got a new tailgating grill

IMG_2406 1.jpg
grill.jpg

Just hung my UM flag on a new post July 4. The U represents all things good about America, so I put it up instead of Glory this year.

Planning to add 15-20 pounds of "beer muscle" via tailgating. Won't let the O-line out do me.

With the number of 11 AM starts announced already, I'm leaning towards adding the griddle attachment for my Weber Q tailgating grill. Pancakes will probably be on at least one game day menu.

That and I definitely need a new gold tee shirt or two.

Six weeks from tomorrow is round one of the home game tailgating experience 2012!!

I became a season ticket holder (1 year removed from graduating) and UNLV tix. I plan on getting a new jersey as well.

I've just added a new polo shirt for myself, but the kid get new things all the time. She's got a drawer full of shirts, a couple dresses, some hats, 5 Goldys in her crib, and (I'm ashamed to admit) the cheerleader outfit.

We added one more Gopher fan to the family. Her 1st birthday is the day after the Syracuse game, so hopefully we can toast her first year of life with a 4-0 record!

So many things from the Gopher Sale, women's volleyball jersey being one of my favorites. Still thinking about buying that replica helmet someone made and posted on here a while back.

Son got the full kids uniform set; already wearing the helmet around the house & bashing his head against the wall.

Looking at a Minnesota bean bag toss game; have one but it takes a while to set up the legs on it & thinking it's best left out at the cabin and invest in a Gopher one.

Going to nebraska this year.

Moving out of rosemount so i am considering a moniker change on gopherhole.

One of those helmets w/2 beer holders & straws in honor of the new We-Love-Beer policy of the U.

Earlier this year I picked up 2 Gopher Power Decals for the car. I have never seen anyone else with them, and I'm sure I'll get pulled over for having them, but I've had people ask me about them while stopped at stop lights.

This year I'm hoping to get a nice replica/game-worn uniform, a long with adding to the standard Gopher apparel.

New gold hoodie.
New bottle opener key chain, the old one had worn out.

just added for our tailgate group: 6 new gopher shot glasses, a new gopher tailgating tent and a gopher bean bag toss game

Picked up some new shirts and a new hat. Also going to be getting a satellite dish. Oh and since our tailgate lot got turned into a dorm we made the move to Ski-U-Mah this year as well.

We added one more Gopher fan to the family. Her 1st birthday is the day after the Syracuse game, so hopefully we can toast her first year of life with a 4-0 record!

congrats!

We have our first one on the way and have gotten a good amount of Gopher bibs and onesies. One friend got us a hoodie, too, which is really cool.

Once the puppy gets a big larger, I'll have to find another U of M dog collar. The ones online are OK; we have one for the other pup already, but the graphics have faded almost completely in only a year.

That tailgating table posted earlier is pretty sweet, too. I got some Carhartt bibs during the holidays last year that I hope to put to good use at a tailgate or two this year.

Had a buddy make us up some Gopher bean bag boards. Maroon boards with a giant gold 'M' in the middle outlined in white. That to go with the maroon and gold bean bags have me all fired up for the first tailgate at TCF!!

SKI-U-MAH!

Alas, I'm afraid I'm the one person who will have a net loss going into this year.

Now that I've graduated from the U and moved away from our great state, I have had to cut my run of season tickets. The Air Force has me stationed at Monterey, CA and I was really looking forward to being able to make the trip and attend the UNLV game.... until they changed it to Thursday night. Now I can't go.

But that hasn't diminished my fanhood. A few buddies and I are going to the UCLA-Cal game in Berkeley because we have all agreed that we will need to have our tailgating and college ball fix. So amidst all those Bruins and Bears fans there will be a crazy group of diehards from schools all around the country (Minnesota, Tennessee, Kansas St., Purdue, and wisconsin (unfortunately), and possibly an Idaho fan and a Georgia fan too). It works out nicely as that game falls on the U's bye week.

Otherwise, I'll just have to do my time and look forward to when I can come home and get season tickets again.

Top Bottom