Article on McDonald: Top prep prospect in Minnesota has options; says Iowa leads

Kill has not yet coached a game.

Maybe now is the time to burn just one recruit to a send a message --and tell him the offer has been yanked?

I'm just thinking out loud here.

I'm sure the staff has their own working policy on this....

Kill has not yet coached a game.

Maybe now is the time to burn just one recruit to a send a message --and tell him the offer has been yanked?

I'm just thinking out loud here.

I'm sure the staff has their own working policy on this....

Please tell me you're joking.... We don't need a rehash of that thread again.

No need to revoke any offers. I think he ends up coming to Minnesota. Just a feeling, based on nothing.

Agreed, the kid's a traitor, tell him to go to Iowa and be done with the prima donna. The kid could have become revered in his home state, instead he becomes the most hated recruit to leave the state since I've ever been alive. Have fun blocking down in Pigville kid......

You guys are way hard on these recruits. Let's hope recruits aren't reading what you're saying and thinking "Why would I want to play there? Those fans are ***holes"

If I verballed to my home state, then left them for their most hated rival who doesn't pass the ball much then I would expect everyone to hate me too. Fuc& him.

oh-my-god-5594_preview.jpg

d964f_ORIG-can_u_hear_me_now.jpg

Frustration.gif

If I were a top recruit I wouldn't come here either. He didn't think he was going to get those offers when he committed. When the offers came he realized he's made a MISTAKE. SOMETHING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US HAS DONE, INCLUDING YOU.

Kill needs to put some pressure down. He committed to the team, revoked his commitment and is now looking at other teams. Time for Kill to decide whether this kid is still serious in the team or if he is puffing smoke. We have had enough nationally recognized players keep us in it for the hell of it. Players shouldn't be able to jerk around the coaches. Coaches need to lay down some law, and I expect this from Kill. If McDonald goes somewhere else, it sucks because he is a great talent, but good riddance if he does not want to play here.

Agreed, the kid's a traitor, tell him to go to Iowa and be done with the prima donna. The kid could have become revered in his home state, instead he becomes the most hated recruit to leave the state since I've ever been alive. Have fun blocking down in Pigville kid......

Would you like a Kleenex tissue? Clearly this 17 year old kid is more mature than you are. So he is a prima donna now, yet if he committed to Minnesota tomorrow you would be all over his junk.

Would you like a Kleenex tissue? Clearly this 17 year old kid is more mature than you are. So he is a prima donna now, yet if he committed to Minnesota tomorrow you would be all over his junk.

Hey D Bag, haven't heard from you in a while, figured you looked in the mirror and re-evaluated your life, guess not. Hey, remember when you use to claim that you were an esteemed graduate of the U and were a big supporter of the football program back in the day? Then recently you said you just became a season ticket holder a few years ago? That was funny, do you have any more lies you want to throw out there? We do appreciate the lengths that trolls such as yourself go through to try and be known as Gopher fans on here.

What kind of gives it away, other than your lies about yourself, is the fact that you only make snide and demeaning remarks about the Gophers. You may want to sprinkle in a positive comment or two, then you can really fool em'. I can only imagine how fun it would be to go on another team's board and troll, but I have important things that occur in my life. Hopefully someday you can reach this level. After you assess my maturity level, can you please evaluate the maturity level of someone that trolls opposing team's message boards and tries to fake being a fan of that team? Not that I know anyone like that, but I just think it would be interesting to get your take. OK, good talk little buddy......

We all get to make our choices...if he choose IA, I choose to think lowly of him and root against him and every other hogeye...I could at least understand a receiver going to ND or Wiscy since they are schools that have put kids into the NFL at that position...but I would still root against him...just like I do the last two top receivers to come out of MN. We all get to choose...

Anyone think he's doing this because the coaching staff has either a)told him they no longer want him, or b)have stopped communicating with him, effectively ending his recruitment, because of his here and there attitude?

Kill wants good players on and off the field. We can say what we want about McDonald's talents and what he could do for the program, but based on his statements about how great of a wr school Iowa is, doesn't anyone think there's something really fishy going on here? Also, it's great that McDonald is a 4 star and all, maybe he's the next Floyd, etc, but I'm not going to cry if we lose the kid. He would be a welcome addition, but if Lamonte/Kirkwood/Cobb get things going over the next few years, it doesn't matter how many stars are lined up at wideout so long as they can catch, block well, and run a decent route. Like most BT schools, we will live and die by running the ball.

Where are our anonymous illegal big-ticket donors when you need them???

If I were a top recruit I wouldn't come here either. He didn't think he was going to get those offers when he committed. When the offers came he realized he's made a MISTAKE. SOMETHING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US HAS DONE, INCLUDING YOU.
He already had an Iowa offer when he committed.

Let the kid make all of his visits before we all jump to conclusions. I'm sure Pirsig, Nelson, Hayes and boys would be happy to drive on down the weekend of his visit.

I read the other day that Kill left behind a B1G caliber WR corps at NIU. I think the on field factors are all similar. It comes down to where he feels most comfortable.

Actually there are a couple of kids I like better. Harbison being one. February is a long way off.

He must not have any desire to see Floyd on his own sideline ...

Hey D Bag, haven't heard from you in a while, figured you looked in the mirror and re-evaluated your life, guess not. Hey, remember when you use to claim that you were an esteemed graduate of the U and were a big supporter of the football program back in the day? Then recently you said you just became a season ticket holder a few years ago? That was funny, do you have any more lies you want to throw out there? We do appreciate the lengths that trolls such as yourself go through to try and be known as Gopher fans on here.

What kind of gives it away, other than your lies about yourself, is the fact that you only make snide and demeaning remarks about the Gophers. You may want to sprinkle in a positive comment or two, then you can really fool em'. I can only imagine how fun it would be to go on another team's board and troll, but I have important things that occur in my life. Hopefully someday you can reach this level. After you assess my maturity level, can you please evaluate the maturity level of someone that trolls opposing team's message boards and tries to fake being a fan of that team? Not that I know anyone like that, but I just think it would be interesting to get your take. OK, good talk little buddy......

You are off your meds again and still bitter. Let the kid make the decision that is best for him, you wouldn't want a kid to commit here and be miserable anyways as that doesn't normally turn out well. I did actually attend the U and did have season tickets all through college and several years after until my career took me to South Texas for several years. When my career brought me back here a few years ago I signed up for basketball and football season tickets again. Just wanted to correct your inaccuracies. Your so irrational and emotional. One minute you were the biggest supporter ever of Brewster, the next minute his biggest enemy(even more so than I ever was). You do the same exact thing with recruits, when a guy is considering Minnesota you are gushing about him, the next day he commits somewhere else and you start ripping him and calling him names. I have said some positive things about Coach Kill and have said that I think he will do a decent job here. I tend to stay fairly even-keeled however, not a rollercoaster of emotions like someone I know. You should try it, you might be happier or at least your blood pressure will thank you.

I'd take him if he want's to come here. If he doesn't come here good luck to him. People really need to take into account that these are 18 year olds and choosing a college for any 18 year old is a huge deal. It's an even bigger deal if you are an elite football prospect. It can be very hard to weigh which is the best place for your academics and football career and living situation.

If I were a big time recruit I would probably want to wait and see how Kill does before I decided to where to play.

You are off your meds again and still bitter. Let the kid make the decision that is best for him, you wouldn't want a kid to commit here and be miserable anyways as that doesn't normally turn out well. I did actually attend the U and did have season tickets all through college and several years after until my career took me to South Texas for several years. When my career brought me back here a few years ago I signed up for basketball and football season tickets again. Just wanted to correct your inaccuracies. Your so irrational and emotional. One minute you were the biggest supporter ever of Brewster, the next minute his biggest enemy(even more so than I ever was). You do the same exact thing with recruits, when a guy is considering Minnesota you are gushing about him, the next day he commits somewhere else and you start ripping him and calling him names. I have said some positive things about Coach Kill and have said that I think he will do a decent job here. I tend to stay fairly even-keeled however, not a rollercoaster of emotions like someone I know. You should try it, you might be happier or at least your blood pressure will thank you.

Keep trollin guy, whatever gets you out of bed. Kind of sad you have no new material for me, at least try to be good at trolling.

I'd take him if he want's to come here. If he doesn't come here good luck to him. People really need to take into account that these are 18 year olds and choosing a college for any 18 year old is a huge deal. It's an even bigger deal if you are an elite football prospect. It can be very hard to weigh which is the best place for your academics and football career and living situation.

If I were a big time recruit I would probably want to wait and see how Kill does before I decided to where to play.

I agree. Myself personally, I would be extremely enticed getting out of the state and doing my own thing at an established program. Not saying I would leave the state but I would very seriously consider it.

I couldn't agree more. So why didn't he do that?

Again we're talking about an 18 year old. He obviously wants to be loyal to the state and I think that's where the initial commitment came from. However, these kids have a ton of people whispering in their ears about where to go what to do and talking NFL already. Kids at that age can be very indecissive as it is without all of the whisperig going on and recruiters being all over them.

It never surprises me when a kid commits and uncommits and I don't understand the amount of hate it generates.

Again we're talking about an 18 year old. He obviously wants to be loyal to the state and I think that's where the initial commitment came from. However, these kids have a ton of people whispering in their ears about where to go what to do and talking NFL already. Kids at that age can be very indecissive as it is without all of the whisperig going on and recruiters being all over them.

It never surprises me when a kid commits and uncommits and I don't understand the amount of hate it generates.

Sorry. I don't buy it. People want to act like 18-year-olds are free from the consequences of their decisions. Kids are a lot savvier than people give them credit for.

He knew exactly what he was doing by making an early commitment. He also knew exactly what he was doing by breaking said commitment. He is well within his rights to do so, much as I am well within my rights to call him a chowderhead.

Sorry. I don't buy it. People want to act like 18-year-olds are free from the consequences of their decisions. Kids are a lot savvier than people give them credit for.

He knew exactly what he was doing by making an early commitment. He also knew exactly what he was doing by breaking said commitment. He is well within his rights to do so, much as I am well within my rights to call him a chowderhead.

Nothing I said disagreed with this. I'm simply stating people act like "he's from MN, if he leaves here he's a traitor". They also act like this is some sort of simple decision to make.
From what I read it seems like he was really wow'd buy Kill in their talks and then made the commitment. I just wonder if after thinking about it for a while he said, "Hmm... maybe I should have seen how Kill does before I sign".

I think he still ends up comming here but thinks maybe he jumped to a conclusion too soon.
He probably shouldn't have committed at the point he did and I think if you commit you should stick too it but I can see why it happened.

No reason to pull an offer or hate the kid for God's sake.

Top Bottom