Article on Hollins

Great article - thanks for posting. My favorite part:

Q: What can the fans of the school that he commits to (Minnesota) expect from him?

A: “From the time that I first met him, the kid’s shirt is just drenched with sweat. That’s what people can expect when they get him. Great kid with a great work ethic. He is a great kid and that’s why I would want him. At the end of the day, you don’t have to worry about ’Is he’s going to be out partying?’, ‘Is he going to be in the gym working on things on his own?’. One thing I want to see is for him to become more of a vocal leader. He’s already such a great leader with his actions.”

Go Gophers!!

Q: What do you think of the current state of recruiting where fans are getting so involved in the recruiting process? Facebook? Twitter?

A: “It’s funny you say that because yesterday on Twitter, Kyrie Irving had Indiana fans heckling him and he’s still a seventeen year old kid. Fans and people that are diehard and support it don’t want to believe that something could legitimately happen for a recruit to turn them and their school down, you know, elimate them. I think it’s getting out of hand because these fans are putting unnecessary pressure on these kids when they don’t make a decision that turns out the way they want it to. I know from being around these kids that it gets to be overwhelming at times. It’s hard not to make it a job and make it stressful.”

I totally agree with this statement.

thanks for the link, North Country. Interesting article. GO GOPHERS!

I was also surprised to see the comment relative to his growth potential. " I’m not sure of a certain weight he should get to, but I feel like he’s going to end up at about 6’6” or 6’7”. It will be interesting to follow his progress this year.

Great article, thanks for posting. I think this guy is a great addition. Hard worker, great student, team player with a great upside. Tubby rocks!!!!

I was also surprised to see the comment relative to his growth potential. " I’m not sure of a certain weight he should get to, but I feel like he’s going to end up at about 6’6” or 6’7”. It will be interesting to follow his progress this year.

Yeah, I took note of that too. I wonder whether he has any basis for saying that (family history, his growth pattern up to now, frame, etc.) or just a wild guess. Getting a couple more inches out of both Eliason and Hollins would really push up their ceilings.

People keep comparing Hollins to Quincy Lewis, but remember Q was a long 6'8" and that's a big thing that made him effective in college.

Great article is right! Who writes such a nice article about a player they didn't get? Very classy.

I hope the 6'7" is accurate. How can other teams guard a 2 that tall and with a great shot? And you know Tubby will have him playing good defense -- again, match up problems for teams trying to score. I am very excited about this player.

Top Bottom