Art Briles

Swagger Wagon

Reaction score
Why isn't anyone mentioning him as Brew's replacement? He has taken two bad programs (Houston and Baylor) and turned them into competitive teams. Sumlin was handed a turnkey program at Houston and Baylor is 7-2 and just beat Texas for the first time since 1997.

Texas also got stomped by UCLA so that win isn't as big of a deal as it would be in most years. Briles was 8-16 his past two seasons with Baylor and won 2 conference games and 1 conference game respectively in his first two years. The whole division is down pretty hard and it's difficult to say whether Baylor has turned a corner or whether this is a perfect storm of aberrations. Probably a little of both, but either way he would be down on about a D tier below a lot of other names that have been discussed.

Still better than Trestman though I grant you that.

Texas sucks this year...

And Baylor got stomped out by TCU...

If you want TCF to have 20,000 Gopher fans in it next year, hire Marc Trestman. If you want it to have 25,000 hire Art Briles. If you want more then that, hire someone else.

I mentioned him. I mentioned that he's from Texas, that he has spent his entire life in Texas including all of his 21 years of coaching experience. This all tells me that he likes Texas and is not planning on leaving.

He'll definitely interview with us to get a raise like he did in '07.

I mentioned him. I mentioned that he's from Texas, that he has spent his entire life in Texas including all of his 21 years of coaching experience. This all tells me that he likes Texas and is not planning on leaving.

True, in fact he is in the TX high school football hall of fame due to his successful career as a longtime high school coach before moving on to the college ranks.

Top Bottom