Arizona, Sean Miller accused of multiple Level I NCAA violations

GopherLady

Reaction score
Arizona has been charged with nine rules violations by the NCAA, including five Level One allegations, sources confirmed to Sports Illustrated Sunday. This could lead to massive sanctions against the school’s athletic department, especially the men’s basketball program.
Among the Level One allegations, according to sources: Sean Miller for violating head coach control responsibility; and a lack of institutional control charge against the athletic department as a whole. Penalties could include multi-year postseason bans and a full-season suspension for Miller.

arizona-sean-miller-violations

Is it possible for a school's athletic department to get the death penalty for MBB violations?

These ADs should all be fired as well, maybe even the school presidents. They all know that their coaches are dirty, but they're keeping them around anyway.

They're all complicit at this point. Fire everyone the coaches report to, all the way up to the top.

Shocked. I am absolutely shocked.

I had no idea you could get a plaid jacket in blue and purple.

Apparently the Arizona board is meeting today. Miller might as well start clearing out his office...

Apparently the Arizona board is meeting today. Miller might as well start clearing out his office...

Watch for them to circle the wagons like they did at Kansas. When UNC won the battle over fake classes, it opened the door for everyone getting accused to fight back with everything they have.

AD, president and likely trustees/board, had plenty of data before this and did nothing. I would be shocked if they can him and don't fight back.

If Miller does a Self, and pushes back aggressively, he at least positions himself to be the oppressed coolie who got shafted by the big, bad, corrupt NCAA. (His own corruption notwithstanding, of course.)

Shocked. I am absolutely shocked.

I had no idea you could get a plaid jacket in blue and purple.
You make millions of dollars per year and you can buy anything you want including players according to his assistant coach.

You make millions of dollars per year and you can buy anything you want including players according to his assistant coach.
All kinds of people cheat on taxes, running businesses, on spouses,coaching programs. They eventually suffer. Support teams that play it straight.there are many.

The post Tark/UNLV retribution NCAA lost all credibility with that North Carolina ruling. Nothing they do now really matters. The NCAA has no ability to control what has been unleashed so even punishing the worst offenders that thought they were bulletproof like Arizona is a weak long overdue response

When the NCAA goes hard at Duke I will be on board and impressed.

No, they'd dont. CERTAIN programs suffer. Meanwhile, the "blue bloods" continue on their merry way.

Go Tar Heels!!!!!

I don't disagree with you Burner that they treat blue bloods differently, but I'd be interested to know when the last blue blood had 5 level 1 violations for comparisons sake. Of course this may be the initial problem of them being treated differently is that the NCAA may "overlook" them. I'll be honest I always liked Miller and didn't think he played it this way at Xavier. Too bad to see him go down this path and he certainly deserves to be show claused if these violations are true.

UNC was a little different because they found an "out" so they got cleared.

I don't disagree with you Burner that they treat blue bloods differently, but I'd be interested to know when the last blue blood had 5 level 1 violations for comparisons sake. Of course this may be the initial problem of them being treated differently is that the NCAA may "overlook" them. I'll be honest I always liked Miller and didn't think he played it this way at Xavier. Too bad to see him go down this path and he certainly deserves to be show claused if these violations are true.

UNC was a little different because they found an "out" so they got cleared.
The initial problem is the real issue.

If the NCAA were consistent in rules application, the "non blue bloods" would have a much easier time recruiting, imo.

Top Bottom