Are You Cheering For Wisconsin?

I will only cheer for Wisconsin if a Badger win means something very meaningful for the Gophers.

Hypothetical Examplë: Last week of the football season and if the Badgers beat their opponent it means MN goes to the BT Championship game. Yes, I'll put on a Ron Dayne game-worn jersey and wave a Wisconsin towel in frenzied support!

Situations in which the outcome is not enough to make me cheer for the Badgers:
1) Men's BB - having the Badgers win any non-conference game, thus helping the Gophers' RPI by tiny percentage points. Sorry, not enough, I hope they lose
2) Hoping they beat Indiana on Saturday to keep some fleeting hope alive for college gameday. Sorry, again, not enough.

Don't get me wrong I would rather beat Wisconsin over any team. But I like Wisconsin style of play. Why can't you cheer for your rival? I was good friends with the players on my rival team in high school

Don't get me wrong I would rather beat Wisconsin over any team. But I like Wisconsin style of play. Why can't you cheer for your rival? I was good friends with the players on my rival team in high school

You got a lot to learn about the MN-Wisc Rivalry. It is the most played in college football history and, to me, it is the most important trophy we play for. Don't get me wrong, I hate IA and love the Pig, but it's IA, everyone feels sorry for them and thanks god every day they don't live there...but for some unholy reason, Wisc gets a pass from the world. I don't care how much beer and cheese they produce or how many slutty big breasted german women the send into MN for our youthful enjoyment, I will always and forever hate Wisconsin and will never root for them.

If the state was on fire, I wouldn't stand on the banks of the St. Croix and piss on them to help put it out.

Buck the Fadgers for all eternity!

I want Bucky in here fat and happy

I agree. I want Bucky rollin into town feeling like the arrogant turpentine whiffing fool that he is. All the better when the team kicks his red arse east, an Bucky limps off with tears in his eyes, bleeding from every orfice.

Ditto. I hope they physically pound on them (not bloody likely though, given the softness of Indiana's defense, but a guy can hope, right?) and give them a tough game so as to hopefully soften Becky up a little bit heading into TCF. And no, I never hope for injuries either, but there is a vast difference between injuring someone and physically wearing on them/beating them up.

At any rate, I hope it's a good game and the Hoosiers can hang in, and I would love, love, love to see them be able to exploit Sconnies defense somehow, some way.

I don't like seeing other players get hurt either, except for Borland after he cheap shotted Nelson last year by spearing him in the chest. I smile now every time I see him on the sidelines after his recent injury, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I don't like seeing other players get hurt either, except for Borland after he cheap shotted Nelson last year by spearing him in the chest. I smile now every time I see him on the sidelines after his recent injury, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Now that I can agree with. Borland does seem like quite the major dink, so in my opinion just like any cheap-shot artist he deserves whatever he gets.

Doesn't really matter if sconnie wins or loses, I just hope Indy gives them all they can chew on. If Indy can run them rampant and run them down a bit,
it would be an immense help.

No. On some occasions, when the planets are aligned - and probably when they are playing Iowa - I will cheer for the Badgers (especially now with BB gone). But in general the worse record they have the better.

Dumb Question

Of course I am! I always cheer for Wisconsin to lose!

I was born in Mpls, grew up in northern Wisco, went to the U and lived in Mpls for approx 10 years. I am a definite skunk/badger fan, even though I like to chop on them. Glad we have a few on the board. And I am very glad to see them help mix up the top of the big ten. Very much don't want to go back to the days of the big 2 and little 8/9/10.

Go Badgers!

I have got you beat, Mean Joe. I was "good friends" with the girlfriends of the players on my rival team in high school.

No way could I cheer for Wisconsin in any capacity, ever.

skunk_popcorn_bucky.jpg

Yes, but only because Chris Fowler told me I had to.

Don't care about GameDay at The Bank if it means I have to cheer for the Badgers to win. Not only do I hope Indiana beats them, I hope they HURT them.

NOTE: I said hurt, not injure. There's a difference

Thanks for the clarification. For a second there I was comparing you on the same level with PsychoHawk.

Top Bottom