Are the Gophers better than everyone says they are?

10-2 regular season (11-2 with bowl win) should be the FLOOR?? Come on man.

This is the sort if dumbass thinking Nebraska fans had that has set the program back a decade. 😂 8-10 wins should be our sweet spot most years and with stars aligning (injuries, good bounces, etc) for a superb season sprinkled in.
Average people think like that. Average always good enough for them. Excellence out of reach for them.

Average people think like that. Average always good enough for them. Excellence out of reach for them.
Thanks Aristotle

Just to clarify, you think making the expanded playoff every year should be the floor of the program? Because that's what 10-11 wins would get you.

Big difference between striving to achieve that and it being the floor.

Thanks Aristotle

Just to clarify, you think making the expanded playoff every year should be the floor of the program? Because that's what 10-11 wins would get you.

Yes, big difference. The difference between winners and losers.

Wonder why 8-4 could be viewed as a ceiling for a team that won 29 games the last three (actual) seasons?
We still have a lot of historical trauma to work through

Lol. You are a bit, right?
Not at all. I have had the good fortune of being surrounded by excellence my entire life and will not settle for less. The ‘hole posters are most mediocre or worse. Nothing personal toward anyone. Maybe the horrid weather keeps people’s spirits down.

Not at all. I have had the good fortune of being surrounded by excellence my entire life and will not settle for less. The ‘hole posters are most mediocre or worse.
Ok, thanks for confirming.

Only OSU in the Big Ten can say their floor is #10. Even Michigan and PSU have had multiple unranked (let alone top ten) seasons in the last 20. But apparently if gopherholers just had higher expectations we would instantly be OSU.

Yeah, okay. Did you write that while yelling to your mother upstairs to bring you some meatloaf?
lol. I expect we will meet one day and we will become good friends. When we expand into Minnesota there will be some excellent career opportunities. Likely fraternity brothers and positive Gopher fans will top the lists. Already have several pro athletes on board in this area. Actually one is my National Sales manager. Excellence!

Only OSU in the Big Ten can say their floor is #10. Even Michigan and PSU have had multiple unranked (let alone top ten) seasons in the last 20. But apparently if gopherholers just had higher expectations we would instantly be OSU.
And why not?

I'd be curious to hear your plan to get us to the top, other than fans having higher expectations.
Offensive line is the foundation for getting to the top. There are three stages: rebuild, reload, and plug and play.

We built, reloaded a few times, and now we plug in game-ready, experienced guys to replace the graduated and drafted.

This is different than reloading where you have a pipeline of talent to fill holes.

This line will be excellent right from the start in two weeks.

Thanks Aristotle

The floor for every team every year is 0 wins. The ceiling is undefeated. Fans have their own level of expectations. His might be different than yours. Nobody cares.

The floor for every team every year is 0 wins. The ceiling is undefeated. Fans have their own level of expectations. His might be different than yours. Nobody cares.
I care. Fans should want their team to do well and root for their team to do well. But it's just not realistic to expect to win ten games a year, each and every year. I care because I don't want unrealistic expectations to hurt the program. I don't want people calling for PJ's head when we win 8 or 9 each year, and then have an occasional 6-6 or 7-5. See Nebraska for an example of how a decision like that can set a program back for years. I personally think we can be an occasional playoff team (once expanded format kicks in). But I don't expect PJ to be fired if he doesn't make it most years.

You should definitely have a podcast.
It is coming as soon as the corporate business is settled in and I have a little more time. I have the right pieces with the right people. Lawyers, pro athletes, CEOs, doctors. All on my program. Very excited about the great pro athletes jumping in. Going to cover everything. Whole health. Mind, Body, and Spirit. Our boot camps will be crazy good. Critical political issues too, but not so much.

Ironically, you posted your floor and ceiling even though 'nobody cares'

We all care. That's why we're all on this board.

See Crosby's response above.

This would be 100% true if college football was structured like the NFL with it's design of creating competitive balance among all 32 teams.

The reality is that college football is built on a very unequal playing ground. The only way programs like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa, etc are going to get to the type of level you're speaking of is to get themselves in an Oregon situation.

But at the moment I don't know of any multi-billionaires willing to throw money at those programs to give them Oregon-like marketing and NFL class facilities.

I care. Fans should want their team to do well and root for their team to do well. But it's just not realistic to expect to win ten games a year, each and every year. I care because I don't want unrealistic expectations to hurt the program. I don't want people calling for PJ's head when we win 8 or 9 each year, and then have an occasional 6-6 or 7-5. See Nebraska for an example of how a decision like that can set a program back for years. I personally think we can be an occasional playoff team (once expanded format kicks in). But I don't expect PJ to be fired if he doesn't make it most years.
And he won’t be fired for that. You are giving unreasonable credence to posts on a message board.

An above average superfan parody account; kudos/bravo for a few chuckles but maybe the bit has run its course. Should have saved your load for week 1, at least.

Ironically, you posted your floor and ceiling even though 'nobody cares'

We all care. That's why we're all on this board.

See Crosby's response above.
That wasn’t my floor or ceiling. That is every team’s range.

I don’t have a program floor or roof. I view each team and year individually. This year I think nine wins is doable. More or less will depend on the bounce of the ball, critical mistakes by either team, and various other unpredictable happenings.

That wasn’t my floor or ceiling. That is every team’s range.

I don’t have a program floor or roof. I view each team and year individually. This year I think nine wins is doable. More or less will depend on the bounce of the ball, critical mistakes by either team, and various other unpredictable happenings.
I like the reference to the roof instead of the ceiling. I'm in the same mindset of 9. 10 with the bowl game. Beating some junk team from the SEC again.

Yet you defend the worst basketball coach in Gopher history on every thread, every day. But 10-2 is the floor in football...

It's obvious you're a troll and a fan from somewhere else. This site will be better off when all of the 'Rock' accounts are banned from posting complete stupidity.

Top Bottom