Are CrAB and Wright healthy yet?

Otis

Reaction score
Just a straightforward question.
We are going to need these guys at 100% for the big games. The two where we are going to need to pass.
I know a high ankle sprain takes forever to heal but was wondering what is up with Wright?
Not having to pass and letting these guys heal is a great bonus if we can do that.

Bell might be the most important guy on the team right now. Pretty crazy how much of a shell the passing attack goes into when he's not playing.

They both played a lot Saturday. Wright had a TD early if Morgan doesn’t underthrow it (he did draw a pass interference) and Autman Bell caught some balls and ran a lot of routes.

When you throw 12 times the receivers won’t really be noticed. Morgan did average over 10 yards per attempt though.

They both played a lot Saturday. Wright had a TD early if Morgan doesn’t underthrow it (he did draw a pass interference) and Autman Bell caught some balls and ran a lot of routes.

When you throw 12 times the receivers won’t really be noticed. Morgan did average over 10 yards per attempt though.
Good to hear! We need them in the field to make the defense account for them. Important to keep them healthy for the tough defenses.

What's up with Geary? During the off season I remember him being talked about in the mix for starting WR, but pretty sure I saw him in street clothes vs. Maryland. Is he injured? Has he played at all this year?

Also Daniel Jackson is very good. I’d say better than MBS but he’s been out last few games. I assume he’s injured?

I agree. MBS is more than serviceable. Especially with the ball in his hands. Unfortunately he drops the ball more than he should.

What's up with Geary? During the off season I remember him being talked about in the mix for starting WR, but pretty sure I saw him in street clothes vs. Maryland. Is he injured? Has he played at all this year?
I think even when healthy he had been beat out by Brady Boyd.

I think even when healthy he had been beat out by Brady Boyd.
According to Gophersports.com Geary hasn't played yet this year which would lead me to think it is injury related in some way. That said, decent chance a guy like Boyd would be able to beat him out.

Yes he is injured, I don't think it's been stated what that injury is though.
As with most injuries Fleck hasn't given any specifics. He did term him as probably questionable for the Maryland game so that leads me to think he is getting close to returning. Hopefully he is healthy by the time we head to Iowa and ready to get back in there as he gives us another solid option in the passing game.

We seem to have a lot more WRs with injuries.

Fleck did say in post game Saturday that was holding back participation by some players so that players could still qualify for red shirt if needed. That made me think we could see a few more players especially wide receivers in coming weeks.

We are spreading the ball around nicely. I'm not concerned about the position if the current guys stay healthy. We go jumbo a lot and rotate so much that they aren't going to be on the field every play.

According to Gophersports.com Geary hasn't played yet this year which would lead me to think it is injury related in some way. That said, decent chance a guy like Boyd would be able to beat him out.
Geary was a walk-on. This technically means that any scholarship he was awarded, could be cut after a year. Not saying that happened.

Am wondering aloud if he was "asked" to "medically retire" to free up a scholly? That is totally wild, pulled out of my rear end just this moment.

Geary was hurt just before the OSU game and is out for the year.

Geary was a walk-on. This technically means that any scholarship he was awarded, could be cut after a year. Not saying that happened.

Am wondering aloud if he was "asked" to "medically retire" to free up a scholly? That is totally wild, pulled out of my rear end just this moment.
Point of clarification -- the scholarship that Fleck awards walk-ons with pomp and circumstance is generally just for the semester right? Then used for the the new signees/transfers that show up in Jan

Injured before the start of the season with a knee problem. Out for the season.

I just realized CRAB could come back next year if he wanted since last year didn't count.

Top Bottom