AP Top 25 2023-24

#1 South Carolina played... Presbyterian Blue Hose???????

1702757061508.png

Seven South Carolina players scored into double-digits. Nine players with 15+ minutes. Sophomores Chloe Kitts and Ashlyn Watkins earned double-doubles.

Chloe Kitts and Ashlyn Watkins
1702757810304.png

Last edited:

Yes, Presbyterian Blue Hose is a powerhouse sitting at 252 in the Net Rankings, but leading the Big South Conference.

The UCONN beat reporter, Carl Adamec, Hearst CT Media, voted the Gophers 25 (1 point).

The other 3 points come from the group of Alex Simon, SF Gate, Mark Story, Lexington Herald-Leader, and Michelle Smith, The Next, but they are the only 3 (out of 35) AP voters without a public ballot (on the AP site or their publication), so can't tell who is voting for the Gophers.

None of the following six Big Ten affiliated/Big Ten area voters had the Gophers on their ballot:

Christy Winters Scott NBC (formerly BTN)
Jeff Linder, Cedar Rapids Gazette
Joe Vozzelli, The News-Gazette in Champaign, Ill.
Kent Youngblood, Minneapolis Star-Tribune
Meghan McKeown, Big Ten Network
Sam McKewon, Omaha World-Herald

Could be a long afternoon next Sat if the Hawks play like this against the Lady Gophers. Way too close at the half. Took a 3 with only 9 secs left in the 2nd or the lead would have been only 2. If Iowa hadn't gotten to the line so much this could be a very different game. I don't think they have that foul advantage against Minny.

1703202735586.png

Last edited:

The UCONN beat reporter, Carl Adamec, Hearst CT Media, voted the Gophers 25 (1 point).

The other 3 points come from the group of Alex Simon, SF Gate, Mark Story, Lexington Herald-Leader, and Michelle Smith, The Next, but they are the only 3 (out of 35) AP voters without a public ballot (on the AP site or their publication), so can't tell who is voting for the Gophers.

None of the following six Big Ten affiliated/Big Ten area voters had the Gophers on their ballot:

Christy Winters Scott NBC (formerly BTN)
Jeff Linder, Cedar Rapids Gazette
Joe Vozzelli, The News-Gazette in Champaign, Ill.
Kent Youngblood, Minneapolis Star-Tribune
Meghan McKeown, Big Ten Network
Sam McKewon, Omaha World-Herald
color me shocked that Kent didn't vote for them.. I swear he enjoys it better when they lose..

like take for today.. ONE SINGLE tweet about the game.. he is the beat writer he was at the game.. and he managed to tweet ONCE after the 1st quarter..

Iowa picked up the pace. End of third quarter. The Caitlin Clark show again. Plus four players in double digits against a so-so Loyola.

1703205052500.png

Iowa was a tough loss for Minnesota. The Gophers lost all 8 votes for top 25. Last week they received 8 votes.

Big Ten teams receiving votes:

Iowa #4 in AP 25
Indiana #14 in AP 25
Ohio State #20 in AP 25
Michigan State 9 votes
Michigan 8 votes

No votes for Maryland, Nebraska, Penn State or Minnesota that seem at the cusp and/or received votes this season. Illinois seems to have fallen from relevance.

#18 Marquette lost badly to #15 UConn.

1704165486417.png

UConn the next day moved up in the poll to #12.

Alyssa Utsby with triple double tonight; 16/16/10.

1704454904684.png

Last edited:

USP-NCAA-Womens-Basketball_-Sweet-16-round-of-the-2-e1680206775803.jpg

The LSU crowd went all out for "Dress like Kim Mulkey night"

1704714504118.png

1704714562864.png

1704714581988.png

Three significant losses by higher ranked teams.

In their defense, most of the Utah team were suffering from food poisoning the night before the game. (According to Social Media). Including the coach.

Bueckers, the national player of the year as a freshman who missed much of the past two seasons with her own knee injuries, is expected to be a top pick in the WNBA draft should she choose not to return to school.

“It’s not about teams in the draft, who’s got what pick,” Bueckers said. “It’s all about me loving playing here, me loving my teammates and wanting to get more experiences and more time with them and more time in the program.”

Unranked Auburn took down defending champion #7 LSU.

Must-see attraction: LSU’s defending national champions become big hit on road​

“Yeah, I don’t know what the Beatles was like, but coach is like, “It’s like the Beatles’,” [Flau’jae] Johnson said after Thursday’s 78-58 win at Alabama, which drew its biggest crowd ever of 5,575. “I think it’s so cool, kids are just so into it. And you know what I really loved the most about it is that whether I have a bad game, or I think I have a bad game, they still like love you … and you really inspire me.

“So, I kind of just have to remind myself you know, the little girls are here, the little boys are here and they’re looking up to you,” Johnson said. “So, it’s cool to have record-breaking crowds. We know people are going to come see us, but the deeper impact is that we have for the game and the way it’s growing is amazing to see.”

Flau'jae Johnson
1705845948747.png

‐‐-----‐--------

Cameron Brink injured, no additional information available.

Cameron Brink
1705845722297.png

‐‐----------------
The internet is awash in Caitlin Clark stories, including her stats records and impact for the slumping WNBA if she plays pro ball. I will post this one from the Ohio State folks

OHIO STATE WOMEN’S BASKETBALL EXCITED TO HOST CAITLIN CLARK AND IOWA​

Because Ohio State typically closes the upper level of the Schottenstein Center for women’s basketball games, it hasn’t come close to surpassing its women’s basketball attendance record of 17,525 fans for its 2005 home game against Penn State. On Sunday, however, Ohio State will open up Value City Arena to its full capacity of 18,600 fans when it hosts second-ranked Iowa and the biggest star in women’s college basketball, Caitlin Clark.

Ohio State announced Friday afternoon that it had sold out its full allotment of tickets, setting up the likelihood that the Buckeyes will play in front of their largest home crowd ever in a game that will also be nationally televised by NBC.

I'd like to see Gophers play Utah. Though that would be adding a tough game.

How about next March?!?

3 minutes remaining. 77-65 Notre Dame over UConn

The Huskies can't stop this

Top Bottom