Anyone been to the Golden Gopher Bar in LA?

Are you in LA? I live in Pasadena...I usually go to Barney's for the game. And I've never been to the Golden Gopher...

used to be my favorite bar in LA. is super kitsch with strange gold painted gopher lamps. It is not a sports bar but has a bunch of old school table top video games like pac-man and dig dug. Also has $2 PBRs which is super cheap in LA. Oh, and they sell liquor at the door so at closing if you want to continue the party but are low on supplies, you can buy a few bottle of whiskey and vodka on your way out.

It has nothing to do with the U. We tried to have game watches there as they do have a large projection screen, but they did not open at 9 am on saturday

used to be my favorite bar in LA. is super kitsch with strange gold painted gopher lamps. It is not a sports bar but has a bunch of old school table top video games like pac-man and dig dug. Also has $2 PBRs which is super cheap in LA. Oh, and they sell liquor at the door so at closing if you want to continue the party but are low on supplies, you can buy a few bottle of whiskey and vodka on your way out.

It has nothing to do with the U. We tried to have game watches there as they do have a large projection screen, but they did not open at 9 am on saturday

PBR is now the hipster's drink of choice. :rolleyes:

Only if you strive to be a hipster,

Otherwise it's simply a $20 night of drinking for 10 PBR's.
Vs. a $50 night of drinking for 5 Vodka's.

I'll take 3 nights out with friends and the 4 days necessary to recover from drinking PBR over the 1Night out only to get a slight buzz and a $50 tab to show for it.

BTW, in SF PBR's are cheap just about everywhere, so is coors light. I used to be a beer snob but now just like spending the time with my friends and will drink what cheap and go home just as happy and with more money in my pocket. Although I will admit I do have my scotch nights which are painful on the pocket book, and I prefer a better wine with my dinner.

Unsolicited advice for 30 somethings in SF. Soltice at Divisadero and California for $2 16oz Tecates every Saturday night.

Top Bottom