Anybody catch Pitino's radio show today?

GopherGangsta

Banned
Reaction score
Have not listened to it in sometime....Sheer curiosity had me tune in today.....What an excuse fest and poor me diatribe....He brought out my favorite "I'm not going to blame injuries for poor play, but we are not the same team without Gabe n Liam, blah, blah....He half defended his record here but sounded like a guy that knows he is gone in a matter of weeks.

Bad luck.... blah, blah, blah,... bad luck.... yadda, yadda, yadda.... bad luck... *click*

I listened. I thought he fairly open about everything, but I guess everyone wants to hear what they want to hear. Talked extensively about what he and Coyle discussed, how hard the hot seat talk is on his daughter, how he is going to fight to the end, etc. I thought it was highly informative, but I wasn't going into it looking for reasons to kick dirt on a guy who is mostly already buried. Definitely some different info and insight on the situation than you get on a message board or in a newspaper.

I listened. I thought he fairly open about everything, but I guess everyone wants to hear what they want to hear. Talked extensively about what he and Coyle discussed, how hard the hot seat talk is on his daughter, how he is going to fight to the end, etc. I thought it was highly informative, but I wasn't going into it looking for reasons to kick dirt on a guy who is mostly already buried. Definitely some info and insight you won't get on a Gopherhole or in a newspaper.
Apparently him being honest about failed expectations here and the lack of personal responsibility attributing to it is too much too ask?...He has made millions of dollars at a program where fans are thrilled if you finish. 500 in the B10....You can feel sorry for him if u want, I do not.

I listened. I thought he fairly open about everything, but I guess everyone wants to hear what they want to hear. Talked extensively about what he and Coyle discussed, how hard the hot seat talk is on his daughter, how he is going to fight to the end, etc. I thought it was highly informative, but I wasn't going into it looking for reasons to kick dirt on a guy who is mostly already buried. Definitely some different info and insight on the situation than you get on a message board or in a newspaper.
His B10 record is 54-94...No other insight or extraneous information needed....He should be fired on that alone.

Apparently him being honest about failed expectations here and the lack of personal responsibility attributing to it is too much too ask?...He has made millions of dollars at a program where fans are thrilled if you finish. 500 in the B10....You can feel sorry for him if u want, I do not.
What did you want him to say? Nobody is ever going to admit in public that they failed come on now.

Apparently being honest about failed expectations here and the lack of personal responsibility from him is too much too ask?...He has made millions of dollars at a program where fans are thrilled if you finish. 500 in the B10....You can feel sorry for him if u want, I do not.

You can hate him if you want. I do not.

I think he should and will be fired. That's enough for me. There's already too much hate in the world. Life's too short to live it bitter.

Let the next guy come in and try.

What did you want him to say? Nobody is ever going to admit in public that they failed come on now.
Plenty of coaches have opened up a vein at the end of a miserable season and poured it all out in a press conference...I can find you YouTube clips if you would like.

It kind of is. Especially while he's still the coach on his own radio show. Did you really expect him to say "I've been awful. I'm going to be fired. I take full responsibility."?

You can hate him if you want. I do not.

I think he should and will be fired. That's enough for me. There's already too much hate in the world. Life's too short to live it bitter.

Let the next guy come in and try.
When did I say I hated him personally?....I hate his coaching and recruiting ability....I hate his deflection and excuse making......I am well aware of what a great father and family man he is.

When did I say I hated him personally?....I hate his coaching and recruiting ability....I hate his deflection and excuse making......I am well aware of what a great father and family man he is.

We know you hate his coaching. So, maybe just back off the attacks for awhile and let him finish the last two weeks out. It's over. He is out. You win. I guess you starting a thread about how awful you found his comments on his own show makes you feel better somehow.

Maybe move on to threads about who might replace the guy whose coaching you hate.

We know you hate his coaching. So, maybe just back off the attacks for awhile and let him finish the last two weeks out. It's over. He is out. You win. I guess you starting a thread about how awful you found his comments on his own show makes you feel better somehow.

Maybe move on to threads about who might replace the guy whose coaching you hate.
Have already done that thank you...It's a message board, people have opinions....If you dont like it, dont read it.....I'm glad to see you are policing it though.

Plenty of coaches have opened up a vein at the end of a miserable season and poured it all out in a press conference...I can find you YouTube clips if you would like.
I wouldn't doubt that. Ritchie is a bit too arrogant for that though...

Just listened to the show.

Sounds like the criteria for him to not be fired is:

Win the last 2 games
Win 4 games in the BTT (aka, get to the championship)

That would get the team in the tourney for sure.

Crazier things have happened

Win the last 2 games

They don’t need to do that much to get in.

I like Pitino. He seems like a pretty good dude. But it is worth noting the freefall started well before Liam and Gabe's injuries. The Gophers are 2-8 since beating Michigan.
Yep - I like him too and supported him until this stretch. This happens too often and there is nothing being built at this point. Whether he has bad luck or recruits bad or coaches badly, we need to win.

Win the last 2 games

I don't care if he gets to the sweet 16. Fire his ass. Today.

He's not a B1G coach.

I saw it at the Butler pre-game shoot around in 2019. The assistants ran the practice, Pitino spent most of his time talking to a reporter.

Top Bottom