Any word on C Joseph

Swaggerson

Bank Sect 112 Barn Sect 102
Reaction score
He and Mom were going to chat over the weekend...:)

Anyone friends with him on facebook? Considering our past history of gathering facts from social networking sites, it might give us at least a clue.

Anyone friends with him on facebook? Considering our past history of gathering facts from social networking sites, it might give us at least a clue.

i prefer not to friend random high school students.

i prefer not to friend random high school students.

Hey genius, did you ever think of the possibility that someone on this board might actually be friends with him? Nice attitude.

I think that bassy was referring to the creepy, middle aged rubes that become freinds with these 16-20 year olds they have never met in their lives.

heard that momma Joseph had to make a few calls to Tubby and Devoe recently to find out what the heck was going on at MN after all the negative news last week. I'm sure other schools are trying to use it against us. They are keeping things pretty tight so news on Cory may be hard to come by other than second and third hand reports. It's anybodys guess if and when he will pull the trigger or just wait for spring.

heard that momma Joseph had to make a few calls to Tubby and Devoe recently to find out what the heck was going on at MN after all the negative news last week. I'm sure other schools are trying to use it against us. They are keeping things pretty tight so news on Cory may be hard to come by other than second and third hand reports. It's anybodys guess if and when he will pull the trigger or just wait for spring.

My guess - he'll sign next week if he's gonna be a Gopher.

If he waits until spring, he won't be a Gopher.

Strictly a guess. But Tubby's recruiting history shows that commitments usually happen within a week of the campus visit.

When was the last time we had a big time PG? I think Eric Harris was pretty highly regarded coming out of NYC and that was 10 years ago. If the behavior of 2, maybe 3 stooges ends up costing us the potential missing link to a special team, then we truly are snake bitten.

Thank you Mr. White... Maybe Royce was trying to get some nice clothes as a gift for Cory

Let me join

Try 11 years ago, Eric Harris graduated in 1998.

Let me join this quibble-fest. Harris' senior season was in fact 97-98. I believe he was a Juco and I cant remember from where but he played two seasons for the Gophers, 1996-1997 and 1997-1998. As I recall he was from a New York High school and would have been "coming out" of a New York High School in 1994, 15 years ago.

Now if he had gone to JUCO in New York you could say he came out of New York in 1996, 13 years ago.

I am happy to have cleared this up. Or not.

:) :) :)

What a moron !!!

Let me join this quibble-fest. Harris' senior season was in fact 97-98. I believe he was a Juco and I cant remember from where but he played two seasons for the Gophers, 1996-1997 and 1997-1998. As I recall he was from a New York High school and would have been "coming out" of a New York High School in 1994, 15 years ago.

Now if he had gone to JUCO in New York you could say he came out of New York in 1996, 13 years ago.

What a moron that section201 guy is!! The math suggests he came out of New York in 1994 and that is 15 years ago!!!

Only took about 30 seconds to find this on the intertubes:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/players/eric_harris.html

Eric Harris

Guard, Minnesota, Ht. 6-3, Wt. 200
High School: St. Raymond’s High School
Birthdate: July 26, 1976 (New York, NY)

BACKGROUND

Eric Harris played four years for Clem Haskins at the University of Minnesota. He helped guide the Golden Gophers on its Final Four run as a junior. Harris was named one of the top-five on-the-ball defenders by Sports Illustrated. Harris was named Honorable Mention All-Big Ten as a senior and Third Team All-Big Ten as a junior.

Harris averaged 13.6 points per game and 4.1 assists per game his senior season. He had a dream come true when Minnesota beat Marquette to advance to NIT Semi-Finals at Madison Square Garden. The New York native’s steal against Penn State’s Joe Crispin late in the NIT championship game sealed the victory for the Golden Gophers. Harris hit some big three-pointers as a senior, especially in the season’s final month. He led the team with 51 three-pointers and hit 39 percent of his three-point attempts throughout the season. Against Colorado State, Harris hit 5-of-7 three-pointers to lead the team. In the upset of top-seeded Michigan State in the Big Ten Tournament, Harris was on fire. He converted on 10-of-12 field goals and 4-of-6 three-pointers to tally a career-high 29 points. He hit 7-of-13 three-pointers in the tournament and 17-of-32 field goals overall for an average of 18.3 points per game. Harris finished the season with 475 points which puts him 24th on Minnesota’s all-time scoring list. . An excellent playmaker as well, he led Minnesota with 144 assists (4.1 apg) and was third in overall scoring at 13.6 points per game. Harris had an excellent 433-214 career assist-to-turnover ratio. His 433 career assists put him second on the all-time list, trailing Arriel McDonald who ended his career at 547.

Harris was the unsung hero of the 1996-97 team. He ran the offense and keyed the defensive pressure for the Golden Gophers. A tremendous defender, he faced some of the best players in the nation every week. Harris finished second in the Big Ten in steals as a junior, averaging 2.1 per game and finished the year with 72 (2.1 spg) which was third in Big Ten. His 194 career steals puts him second on the Minnesota all-time list behind Melvin Newbern who had 215 from 1987-90.

You've got the years right, though.

No juco for Eric. He played limited minutes off the bench his first two years as a Gopher underclassman, doing well defensively but showing a limited game offensively. Then he really came into his own as a junior during that very special year that we've been ordered to forget but can't seem to. Here is a link to his career summary on Gophersports.com.

His recruitment out of HS would be 15 years then.......

The statement was, "when was the last time we had a big time PG?" The answer to this question is 11 years in 1998.

The statement was not, "when was the last time we recruited a big time PG?"

The statement was, "when was the last time we had a big time PG?" The answer to this question is 11 years in 1998.

The statement was not, "when was the last time we recruited a big time PG?"

Actually, the statement was "Eric Harris was pretty highly regarded coming out of NYC and that was 10 years ago".

E. Harris was highly regarded coming out of NYC 15 years ago, as I stated. Anything else I can read for you?

Harris played as a frosh behind Townsend Orr. He saw minutes right away because of his defensive mindset and skills. He was considered the top defensive pg in the nation coming out of high school. I remember Clem putting him early in a game during the Alaska shootout. He was asked to guard Arizona's Damon Stoudamire who was a senior All American that year.
He was the pg as a sophomore on a disappointing team. There was much talk that he was not a true point guard. That talk disappeared the following year when the Gophers reached the final four. Harris played hurt during the game against Kentucky and many people believe that was the difference between the Gophers winning a nc and losing in the semis to UK. Everyone agrees that he and Bobby Jackson (with Charles Thomas coming in off the bench) made up an absolutely superb backcourt for the Gophers that year.

Final four was Harris' junior year. Harris was pretty dreadful his first two years, unless you liked the dribble to the corner and panic strategy.

Harris played as a frosh behind Townsend Orr. He saw minutes right away because of his defensive mindset and skills. He was considered the top defensive pg in the nation coming out of high school. I remember Clem putting him early in a game during the Alaska shootout. He was asked to guard Arizona's Damon Stoudamire who was a senior All American that year.
He was the pg as a sophomore on a disappointing team. There was much talk that he was not a true point guard. That talk disappeared the following year when the Gophers reached the final four. Harris played hurt during the game against Kentucky and many people believe that was the difference between the Gophers winning a nc and losing in the semis to UK. Everyone agrees that he and Bobby Jackson (with Charles Thomas coming in off the bench) made up an absolutely superb backcourt for the Gophers that year.

I believe Harris hurt his leg in the Sweet 16 against Clemson and didn't play agianst UCLA. He played hurt against Kentucky, and I agree it may well have been the difference in winning that game.

I believe Harris hurt his leg in the Sweet 16 against Clemson and didn't play agianst UCLA. He played hurt against Kentucky, and I agree it may well have been the difference in winning that game.

Harris hurt his shoulder against Clemson. It was a pretty serious separation, IIRC.

It was definately the difference between that team winning the national title and losing to UK. He played limited minutes in the F4 game, and was a liability due to his shoulder injury. No doubt in my mind they beat UK and Arizona with a healthy Harris.

And the scandal either never happens or goes away if they win. Ask the NCAA about Miles Simon's academic ineligibility that was uncovered after that F4 and how they dealt with it. Ask OSU, Tennessee, USC, et al, what kind of punishment and investigations go on with teams that win NCAA titles.

I'm just a little bitter.

"And the scandal either never happens or goes away if they win."

I've wondered about that too.

That doesn't sound good. I would say all the negative publicity the Gophers have been receiving lately brings down the chances of getting Cory from 50 percent to 20 percent...NOT GOOD!

Top Bottom