Any guesses as to what's up with the Gophers?

GopherLady

Reaction score
got the email that they canceled media availability for tomorrow morning. I don't recall this happening before, much less at 11pm the night before.

Could be nothing, could be something - what is your guess?

Maybe with much less room for error in terms of making the NCAA tournament Tubby just wants 100% focus on practices and preparing for the remaining games. No time to dwell on the Purdue game or anything else, need to move forward and put all focus on winning out.

Maybe with much less room for error in terms of making the NCAA tournament Tubby just wants 100% focus on practices and preparing for the remaining games. No time to dwell on the Purdue game or anything else, need to move forward and put all focus on winning out.

That's what I thought too, at first when I saw it. The odd thing now isn't so much not having media there, but not having practice - per Marcus's tweet:

Tubby cancelled media availability tomorrow, because the team won't be practicing until Friday night in Champaign, Ill. That's a first

That's what I thought too, at first when I saw it. The odd thing now isn't so much not having media there, but not having practice - per Marcus's tweet:

That is really weird. Maybe there's a bug going around among some of the players and they don't want the entire team to get sick or something. I can't really think of any other logical explanations. Hopefully nothing too bad.

That is really weird. Maybe there's a bug going around among some of the players and they don't want the entire team to get sick or something. I can't really think of any other logical explanations. Hopefully nothing too bad.

After this crazy soap opera season, I don't mean to stir the pot at all - and it is probably nothing, just a scheduling change. But if someone knows - please tell all!

At the women's game.

A bunch of the players were there for the first half of the women's game today. Sampson, Devoe and Carter have sat in my section for several games but this is the first time I recall seeing some of the others. No fistfights or excessive coughing and sneezing to report. :)

Hopefully it's nothing more than Dr. Don out of beer. Hope for the best.
I'm in my bunker with plenty of Vitimim G.

Go Gophers

19, I can guarantee that being out of beer will never, never, and I mean NEVER happen. I have too much class for that to happen. So that is definitely not the reason.

Re: day of no practice, sometimes the players just need a mental break for a day.

Changed post after comprehending the tweet from Marcus.

Who knows.

I agree with Dr. Don -- mental break. They played well enough to beat the #3 team. Devoe hits that shot -- and it was a quality shot that he make 8 out of 10 times -- and we are all ecstatic. Must be really tough mentally on the team.

My guess: Tubby is taking the "less is more" approach. Give the a guys a full day off away from bball to get over the loss and allow them to realize that they need to win out in order to make the tourney. The team should come back focused and ready to play against the Illini. This is not an uncommon coaching move for a team that just suffered a tough defeat.

A bunch of the players were there for the first half of the women's game today. Sampson, Devoe and Carter have sat in my section for several games but this is the first time I recall seeing some of the others. No fistfights or excessive coughing and sneezing to report. :)

I saw that and they were all in their practice gear and left before the game was over. Maybe they just had a shootaround in the Pavilion or something.

Lady

got the email that they canceled media availability for tomorrow morning. I don't recall this happening before, much less at 11pm the night before.

Could be nothing, could be something - what is your guess?

GopherLady, I count on you to ANSWER questions like this, not ASK them!

;)

Top Bottom