Any chance that Jerry Kill can be the new AD?

hungan1

Reaction score
I know this is too soon to think about. The new AD hire, and then the ensuing new coach hire come to fruition.

A thought keeps coming to mind. What if Jerry Kill recovers well enough in time, can we see him as the new AD?

He'll be great one for the job.

Very doubtful. It's a job that would be quite taxing, and he needs to get away from that.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

It is different stress then the kind a head coach deals with but the AD position still has plenty of stress and long hours associated with it and those are two things Kill clearly needs to avoid.

Maybe in time there is a minor role for him within the athletic department but I don't think it should be as the AD.

It is different stress then the kind a head coach deals with but the AD position still has plenty of stress and long hours associated with it and those are two things Kill clearly needs to avoid.

Maybe in time there is a minor role for him within the athletic department but I don't think it should be as the AD.

I forgot about the smooching and cuddling potential donors with lots of traveling, plus the headache of overseeing the entire program with over 760 student athletes.

Maybe he can serve in a capacity as a fundraiser with Lou Nanne, or special part time assistant to Coach Claeys in recruiting, etc...

The important thing is that he will be good for the unniversity as well as for him to serve in some capacity.

I know this is too soon to think about. The new AD hire, and then the ensuing new coach hire come to fruition.

A thought keeps coming to mind. What if Jerry Kill recovers well enough in time, can we see him as the new AD?

He'll be great one for the job.

Let me ask you this as an answer:

Could he objectively evaluate Claeys progress as a head coach and make a move if warranted?

I forgot about the smooching and cuddling potential donors with lots of traveling, plus the headache of overseeing the entire program with over 760 student athletes.

Maybe he can serve in a capacity as a fundraiser with Lou Nanne, or special part time assistant to Coach Claeys in recruiting, etc...

The important thing is that he will be good for the unniversity as well as for him to serve in some capacity.

I like those ideas. Assuming we keep Claeys and staff for the long haul, I could see him helping out in some capacity. Probably not right away though. My guess is he will pretty much disappear for a year or two.

I like those ideas. Assuming we keep Claeys and staff for the long haul, I could see him helping out in some capacity. Probably not right away though. My guess is he will pretty much disappear for a year or two.

I agree that it is likely we won't see or hear much from Kill for a while. I think he (Kill) will also try and give Claeys some room to put his own stamp on things in order to give him the best possible chance to get the job longterm. If Kill were to still be around a lot (which I absolutely do not expect to happen) then it could still be viewed as Kill's show as opposed to Tracey's.

Let me ask you this as an answer:

Could he objectively evaluate Claeys progress as a head coach and make a move if warranted?

If guys like Alvarez could be trusted to do that I'd think Kill could too.

Actually, no, he probably couldn't

Wouldn't work, he'd be just as worried about football while adding other sports into the fray. Far too stressful for a micromanager with epilepsy.

It's a stressful time consuming job.... nope.

It is also way different from being a head coach... so nope.

They're not going to hire a football coach to be AD when the athletic department is being investigated by the federal government for prioritizing men's sports over women's. There's a better chance that Kaler isn't President this time next year then Kill being AD. Having the Title IX investigation, Teague's resignation and Kill's retirement all withing a few months really puts the football program in a bad spot going forward.

Top Bottom