Any chance of a return?

He's visiting Texas and Texas A&M. If he still does not have a commitment after that then there may be a possibility, highly doubt full though.
I'll be shocked if leaves Austin without committing

I'll be shocked if leaves Austin without committing
Did he already visit A&M? Those fools toss some huge bucks around for stupid shit.

He could rake them just by threatening to go to UT.

No chance he comes back with the list of active suitors he still has.
Agreed, Payne is gone. And I don't believe we should take Carrington back. Doesn't seem like a good idea to bring a guy like that back.

Agreed, Payne is gone. And I don't believe we should take Carrington back. Doesn't seem like a good idea to bring a guy like that back.
What is the story on Carrington? I'm out of the loop.

Not trying to be obnoxious, but are you assuming the mental health break was a ruse and trying to hurt the team?
Piecing together what I have read here and on the other site, it sounds like he took his break right about the time he lost minutes. Then add the portal thing and Ben saying no thanks....

Piecing together what I have read here and on the other site, it sounds like he took his break right about the time he lost minutes. Then add the portal thing and Ben saying no thanks....
I'm not happy with the trio departing like this, but in his defense, we don't know what was happening. I'm inclined to believe the mental health thing was accurate, because disclosing this to the team and coach, let alone publicly, is not a light decision.

Speaking from first-hand experience with mental health issues, you aren't in the right frame of mind. Although things appear normal, on the inside can exist an irrational, confused mess. It doesn't excuse any maladaptive behaviors, but sometimes a clean break from an environment that may have contributed to it is needed for everyone's sake.

If Carrington asked to come back but was told to go pound sand, how would Johnson differentiate Carrington's situation from Payne's? If the three Minnesota kids were all in a similar boat and all three were unhappy at best or malcontents at worst, I would think/hope that Johnson would handle the same.
Sadly Payne is significantly better than Carrington and Ben's job is to win so I don't think they'd be handled the same.

It's rumored he Joj and possibly payne were locker room cancers and all joined forces to leave..
There was someone here claiming a few weeks ago to have inside knowledge that it was the other way around. That the three were mad at everyone else for being selfish and not being team players.

It's hard to say but I don't see those other guys, especially someone like Fox, returning if it was a toxic environment not involving the guys that are transferring.

If Payne gets manipulated by Blue Bloods to sign better bigs, I’d definitely take him back.

Chip on his shoulder would be huge!

Probably no money left now for Payne to return. Mitchell getting paid means bye bye to PP

Fox was on the power trip this morning and gave some insight into NIL. And he mentioned that Payne, Carrington, and JOJ were known to be considering the portal as the season was still going on. It wasn't a secret. I have to think that was a problem in the locker room....that they had made their intentions known prior to the season even being over.

Probably no money left now for Payne to return. Mitchell getting paid means bye bye to PP
Mitchell might not be getting much because he is Canadian? Not sure... None the less- sadly, it appears that the Payne ship has sailed. I have to believe that Ben told Mitchell that he would be jumping into the Payne slot. It might be hard to have 2 guys on the floor who shoot 45% from the free throw line...:)

All the outlets are saying he's not eligible for nil due to Canadian laws
It’s not a Canadian law. It’s a US law that disallows foreigners with student visas to earn income (outside of some minimum wage on campus jobs for limited hours).

Ben should seriously consider swapping out an assistant for someone with Canadian ties. This may be the way until we have more NIL momentum.

Mitchell might not be getting much because he is Canadian? Not sure... None the less- sadly, it appears that the Payne ship has sailed. I have to believe that Ben told Mitchell that he would be jumping into the Payne slot. It might be hard to have 2 guys on the floor who shoot 45% from the free throw line...:)
This. Edey wasn't able to make NIL in the states and expressed so during the final four press conferences.

This. Edey wasn't able to make NIL in the states and expressed so during the final four press conferences.
Painter said it too...he outright stated they didn't have to deal with the NIL mess with Edey because of his Canadian citizenship.

It’s not a Canadian law. It’s a US law that disallows foreigners with student visas to earn income (outside of some minimum wage on campus jobs for limited hours).

Ben should seriously consider swapping out an assistant for someone with Canadian ties. This may be the way until we have more NIL momentum.
Thanks for the clarification

The posters on the Canisius board posted 200k
Who knows? Certainly not me. And with the above posters stating that he can get nothing, I know even less.
Really interesting situation.

Bring back Tim Horton's too. Put one in the Barn.

One of his original assistant coaching targets was a Canadian coach, but it seemed like some sort of administrative snafu sunk it. Jamie McNeilly, now at TCU.

Wow, that is very interesting. Some schools would be better off having 7 or 8 foreigners in order to compete.

Top Bottom