Any chance of a meetup at the practice facility tonight?!?!

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
When they won the axe years ago they met fans on the practice field later that night…. band played, pj talked.

It was fun.

Would be fun again…

When they won the axe years ago they met fans on the practice field later that night…. band played, pj talked.

It was fun.

Would be fun again…
I honestly thought there would be, but then PJ mentioned they bussed to Iowa City in his post game interview on KFAN, sounded like it was not the plan and something went wrong. I think it would be just took late since it's a little further away than Madison. I feel like they were home by like 10pm with the Axe when they did that.

I'm sure they will bring Floyd out Pre-game against Michigan State or half-time. It will be a loud standing ovation! They bused to the game , let them enjoy this tonight

i was there that night
I was as well, it was a good time. I’d totally be there tonight if they did it again and would bring my 8 year old as he would kill me if I went without him.

I remember it being reasonably late (maybe 11pm-ish?) but my memory isn’t that great.

People on the twitters- if they post anything, update this thread!

Guess PJ will have to take Floyd to Manny's like Mase took The Jug there in 2005. Claimed he was not letting it out of his sight.

I honestly thought there would be, but then PJ mentioned they bussed to Iowa City in his post game interview on KFAN, sounded like it was not the plan and something went wrong. I think it would be just took late since it's a little further away than Madison. I feel like they were home by like 10pm with the Axe when they did that.
Actually night game they would have flown. Day game they chose to bus… sounds like a Athletic Dept budget decision…

So Iowa City to MPLS is ~5 hours. Post of Floyd in the bus was ~7:30, we thinking about midnight? I might wander over just in case.

Rules must have changed. Thought Minnesota always bussed to WI and Iowa for football. Saved like $80k.
They changed a while ago. You have to bus if an opponent is within a certain distance. For us the only two opponents we have to bus to are Iowa and Wisconsin. Has been this way for years, it isn't new.

They changed a while ago. You have to bus if an opponent is within a certain distance. For us the only two opponents we have to bus to are Iowa and Wisconsin. Has been this way for years, it isn't new.
So they are within a certain distance and bus or now fly?

Maybe buses are significantly slower, but I can, and have several times, driven to Iowa City in four hours. 35 down to Clear Lake, then a 4-lane highway to Waterloo, then 380 to IC.

On the other hand, the Gopher Volleyball team flew to their match in IC I think a month+ ago.

So they are within a certain distance and bus or now fly?
It was a cost saving measure. You have to bus to games that are within a specified distance. You fly to the rest.

used to be able to fly everywhere.

When was the change? Back in 2017-2019 when worked for the team we flew to both Iowa and Wisconsin. Cheerleaders and other people bussed from what I remember.

Last edited:

Top Bottom