Any Beau Allen rumors?

It's hard to believe there could be any good news today. So hopefully there is no news, it wouldn't be good if there was.

is he done with his official visits now? the brewster/kansas story that some in the negative, anti-brewster local press have drummed up certainly isn't going to help matters much.

let's hope he is a future gopher. is he the one whose parents (or at least one of them) are UW alums? or am i thinking of that kid from owatonna last year?

I think his parents went to UW as well. For some reason, I really don't expect to see the kid in Maroon and Gold next season.

I think that's the kid from Owatonna Bronko. By the way, nice to see you posting again.

Kansas has apparently entered the picture. Don't know what's up but I'm calling Lou Nanne.

I have not heard any rumors, but my feeling is that he ends up at Stanford.

I think his parents went to UW as well. For some reason, I really don't expect to see the kid in Maroon and Gold next season.

ha! school at UW then move to chicago or minneapolis for real work and a real life along with the chance to NOT be cut up into tiny pieces, stuffed in a freezer and used as a human pin-cushion or lamp-shade by a drunken sconnie suffering from necrophilia. sounds like the typical wisconsin way!

;)

IT's been said on here a long time that Stanford was leading, but when the head coach is being interviewed by ND it may change your mind.

Couldn't blame the kid for going out to Stanford and playing for Jim Harbaugh.

I wish they could get AJ Tarpley away from Stanford. He's been a soft verbal to them for a bit, maybe he's waiting for a Gopher offer.

We need him bad. with all the decommits its pefect time to beef up on the linemen needs.

I think landing Beau Allen would be gigantic for morale boost around the program, getting another top notch local kid, however, we have a lot of DL on next years class. We already have 3 DT committed in this class, and I wouldn't be shocked if Epping ended up playing DT (his size just seems more indicitive of a DT). I understand that we could always use another good big man, but I think an Allen commitment would help us more in perception and morale than it neccesarily would fill a vital role in this recruiting class.

UW Madison is still pretty cachet with the outer ring suburb kids. They have a new logo....1993.

I would be shocked if it is not Wisconsin. I don't know why it is assumed on this board he is leaning to Stanford. I have not read one thing that would indicate that. He has not set up an official visit to Stanford, if he really wanted to go there, I think that would have been done by now.

The Badgers are in very good shape with Allen.

Sorry GV, but you're off on this one. Stanford is pulling out all the stops. Harbaugh and staff were at the high school last Monday visiting with the coaches and they came back yesterday. Its not over though - and here's to hoping the home team pulls off a late comeback.

Sorry GV, but you're off on this one. Stanford is pulling out all the stops. Harbaugh and staff were at the high school last Monday visiting with the coaches and they came back yesterday. Its not over though - and here's to hoping the home team pulls off a late comeback.

Could be. I am hearing different things. Time will tell.

Coaches from all the finalists have been visiting. They have all pulled out all the stops.

My perspective on why I think Stanford is a likely destination for Allen. Minnetonka is one of the top five public high schools in Minnesota. They send a lot of their top kids--academically and athletically--to really great colleges. I think that's why this looks like a good match. If Stanford is out there and recruiting him, my guess is that there is interest on the part of both parties.

GVBadger, as I said in an earlier post, Wisconsin is a really top-notch public university. But it ain't Stanford. I can only say this is a hunch, but I think he ends up at Stanford.

Top Bottom