Antoine Winfield working toward a deal to make him NFL's highest-paid safety, Bucs optimistic, per report

BroncoRedux

Reaction score
Winfield, who turns 26 this offseason, was a second-round pick (No. 45 overall) in the 2020 NFL Draft. He's coming off a year during which he was named a First Team All-Pro after finishing with a career-high 122 tackles, as well as three interceptions, 12 passes defensed, six forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, six sacks and eight quarterback hits -- all of which also marked career-highs.

Go Gophers

I watched more Bucs than any team last year and AWJr was the clear team MVP.

They would not have made the playoffs and would have been a losing team if he was injured. This was obvious to anyone watching the games (except the Pro Bowl voters) and I would say this if he went to wisconsin.

He was just like he was with the Gophers, with game changing plays in so many key moments. We would cherish him as the greatest modern Gopher had the Vikings made the right move and taken him. Even then we still should.

Are there many documented cases of former players contributing significant amounts to NIL? Not saying that Winfield should or would be expected to. Just wondering if that's something that happens often.

Are there many documented cases of former players contributing significant amounts to NIL? Not saying that Winfield should or would be expected to. Just wondering if that's something that happens often.
I haven't seen much evidence of it.

There are a lot of "fan forum" type rumors that I've heard repeated, usually about guy already really well liked and how he supposedly chipped in X amount ... but those often have little to nothing as far as solid news reporting and they have a "trust me bro I know an insider who told me" kinda vibe. And especially about well liked players, fans will believe / repeat anything.

Do you ever donate money to your former employers to help them hire more/better people?

It's not exactly like that, but it's a lot like that.

Winfield, who turns 26 this offseason, was a second-round pick (No. 45 overall) in the 2020 NFL Draft. He's coming off a year during which he was named a First Team All-Pro after finishing with a career-high 122 tackles, as well as three interceptions, 12 passes defensed, six forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, six sacks and eight quarterback hits -- all of which also marked career-highs.

Go Gophers

Have it written into the new contract that the Bucs have to fund DA at $100,000 dollars annually for the length of the contract. That would be awesome.

Do you ever donate money to your former employers to help them hire more/better people?

It's not exactly like that, but it's a lot like that.
I have heard of some people donating to their former university.

Is he involved with Gopher football in any compacity?
He's shown up to a few practices IIRC. Not sure many former players (especially those who are busy with an NFL career) are doing much more than that, but it seems like PJ has stayed connected with guys like him, Bateman, Coughlin, etc.

I have heard of some people donating to their former university.
Which is why it's not exactly the same, but with the players becoming employees and going to 2-3 schools in an average college experience, that sort of loyalty might be on the wane.

If he'd wait until next off-season the vikes would likely pay him.

If he'd wait until next off-season the vikes would likely pay him.

He was a game changer & his plays won games. Was there a better defensive player than him?

Top Bottom