Anthony Tucker ruled inelegible for 2nd semester

that will happen when the bartenders know you on a first name basis yet your teachers have no idea who you are.

that will happen when the bartenders know you on a first name basis yet your teachers have no idea who you are.

Johnny,

Given your reputation for veracity and knowledge on this board, I hope that you post that because you have facts available, and are not merely speculating because of the earlier incident. Lots of kids struggle with the transition to college work for reasons that go well beyond misbehavior.

TJ,

We had a back and forth in an earlier thread as to how we as parents would respond to the earlier incident. FWIW, if as a parent I hadn't already known that ineligibility was a signficant possiblity, THIS would definitely be cause for elevated concerns.

We had a back and forth in an earlier thread as to how we as parents would respond to the earlier incident. FWIW, if as a parent I didn't realize that ineligilbity was a signficant possiblity, THIS would definitely be cause for elevated concerns.

That was a good thread. :)

As you said ..

Lots of kids struggle with the transition to college work

It's such a big transition for kids. I hope Anthony gets back on track and pulls it together.

Anthony comes from a solid upbringing and a good home. I would assume that he'll be supported fully by his parents and family.

As a college student myself, and someone who knows Anthony Tucker decently well, I agree with most of the thread.

However, the comment about bartenders knowing him by name; While their certainly are bartenders who know Anthony Tucker by name, it's not entirely because he spends too much time at the bars. As a solid recruit for the team, he was fairly well known when he arrived. Once he's introduced, the bartenders don't forget who he is.

I had a division I baseball scholarship, but had trouble adjusting to college myself. I spent the first season injured, and my grades were slipping. I eventually quit baseball, and transferred. I'm a junior now and feel like I've finally grown accustomed to being on my own and the college life--and I came from a great family. So I agree wholeheartedly that the transition to college is extremely difficult for some people. I wish nothing but the best to Tucker and his family, and if transferring back here is what he needs to do to get back on track, consider me all for it.

I spent two years as a freshman in college. Took awhile, but I made it, worked hard all my life, now I am retired, and still alive and doing well, not great, but well.

Top Bottom