Anthony Grant to Interview for Job Thursday AM

Reaction score
I can tell you at this hour my lackey down in Alabama has confirmed to me that Anthony will interview first thing in the morning with his former boss Norwood Teague. Interview will occur in Minnesota and things could close up on this pretty quick.

I can tell you at this hour my lackey down in Alabama has confirmed to me that Anthony will interview first thing in the morning with his former boss Norwood Teague. Interview will occur in Minnesota and things could close up on this pretty quick.

Can this beat 88 pages?

I say it is time for Richmond insider to go home.

I say it is time for Richmond insider to go home.

I second this. And three of the 88 pages were his posts. Clearly he is a troll, with no real contacts or insiders.

Oh goodie....not the big hire some of us were looking for. Teague's job will be on the line if he blows this hire so he better be dilligent in his homework. I'm just not excited about another coach with a plodding offensive scheme. I don't care what you say, that is NOT appealing to top recruits.

I for one am very good friends with Anthony and worked along side him during his time at VCU. I'm connect very very deep into the Richmond basketball scene. Literally EVERYTHING I reported in the Shaka Smart thread turned out to be true. Check for yourself, I reported yesterday he would get 1.5 million a year at VCU and wow guess thats what he got.

That said Anthony WILL interview tomorrow morning.

You've gone from funny, to hilarious, to boring, to annoying, to very soon: my ignore list

Please stop. At this point we don't care. You can't expect us to carry this on for a week. While this has been fun, we have other things to do.

Oh goodie....not the big hire some of us were looking for. Teague's job will be on the line if he blows this hire so he better be dilligent in his homework. I'm just not excited about another coach with a plodding offensive scheme. I don't care what you say, that is NOT appealing to top recruits.

Yet, he continues to land big time recruits.

I do agree with you, I am not super excited about watching another plodding team. I'm not comparing him to Stevens, but Stevens would have brought an incredibly slow scheme as well.

I for one am very good friends with Anthony and worked along side him during his time at VCU. I'm connect very very deep into the Richmond basketball scene. Literally EVERYTHING I reported in the Shaka Smart thread turned out to be true. Check for yourself, I reported yesterday he would get 1.5 million a year at VCU and wow guess thats what he got.

Is it safe to say that Grant is one of your road dogs?

Why are people wanting Richmond Insider to go away? He's funny as hell. If you don't like it, don't click.

Remind me please...who is Anthony Grant?

Recruits 4 and 5 stars out of Alabama (where you can regularly get those) and goes to the NIT in a weaker conference with them. Has one of the lowest rated offenses in the country. I can't wait. Offense had 10 assists per game this year (actually 10.8 to be fair) that's actually hard to accomplish it's so bad. If this is the hire this looks Brewsterish to me.

Recruits 4 and 5 stars out of Alabama (where you can regularly get those) and goes to the NIT in a weaker conference with them. Has one of the lowest rated offenses in the country. I can't wait. Offense had 10 assists per game this year (actually 10.8 to be fair) that's actually hard to accomplish it's so bad. If this is the hire this looks Brewsterish to me.

All the Alabama fans don't seem to like him either. I say FGCU guy, his offense is exciting, which God knows we need.

If all Teague is going to do is try to hire the same people he hired once before, even if we have better candidates available, and refer the real rising stars to other programs, what the hell is going on here? If Maturi was a Wisconsin plant, who is this guy an agent of?

Grant would be enough to make me seriously consider ditching my season tickets once and for all.

Same. With Shaka off the table, if they don't hire Flip I am canceling my season tickets. Grant? No thank you

That worries me, too - hiring people you've hired in the past. MN should have taken some time to get someone who would wake this program up.

If all Teague is going to do is try to hire the same people he hired once before, even if we have better candidates available, and refer the real rising stars to other programs, what the hell is going on here? If Maturi was a Wisconsin plant, who is this guy an agent of?

Grant would be enough to make me seriously consider ditching my season tickets once and for all.

Is that what he's doing? So far all we've had is speculation and rumors about candidates.

Is that what he's doing? So far all we've had is speculation and rumors about candidates.

Buttcheeks: He said IF. His statement is contingent on the assumption that Smart and Grant were #1 and 2 prime prospects. Right now it looks like a good assumption.

All the Alabama fans don't seem to like him either. I say FGCU guy, his offense is exciting, which God knows we need.

I think that the FGCU guy is a interesting but dangerous hire. I'd rather gamble on him than Grant. Just hire Flip.

Buttcheeks: He said IF. His statement is contingent on the assumption that Smart and Grant were #1 and 2 prime prospects. Right now it looks like a good assumption.

It wasn't really the statement by Bad Gopher itself.I just want to think outside the box and would like to believe Teague is doing the same thing.

Ok you were kind of funny with Shaka but this is not funny at all - kind of nauseating to even joke about this.

Honest to god, if we hire Anthony Grant when Flip Saunders was available, then this is a program that officially cannot get out of its own way no matter who the athletics director is. I would have to conclude that it is just not going to happen at Minnesota and start working on a theory about why and how everything goes to die here.

Why do I get the sinking feeling that, if this does go down, we end up getting some story from Norwood saying essentially this is the best we can do here...only days after he was shooting for the stars.

I know, I'm getting ahead of myself. But I do have other things I can spend my money on.

Top Bottom