Another shoe to drop on brew's head?!

Reaction score
I don't know how my buddy in L.A. finds out all this stuff??:confused:

Apparently, the brew is bracing himself for another shoe to drop...which could be embarassing to both himself and to the program.:eek:

One of the local papers (Strib?) is preparing an expose right now.

Perhaps JohnnyGopher, Doogie, or GopherLady could chime in with details?:eek:

link? thanks in advance.

I can honestly say that I have little idea about what it could be.

I don't get it....

I have no idea if your statement has legs. But, if you throw something out there that states "your friend in LA" has told you that there will be an upcoming story on Brewster, and then you turn around and ask others for details......somehow that doesn't add up.
If he was your friend, why didn't you ask and write it here? It makes one wonder your intentions at the very least.

Yawn...I tire of these posts. Come back with something that's...what's that word...substantial. I don't care if you get to say "I told you so" if something comes out. This kind of post is pointless and bush league, not that I'd expect more from you.

FaceBook

I'm guessing this is about the rumored upcoming story regarding inappropriate Facebook posts. The word is one of the tv stations is doing a story which will include examples of football players pictured drinking or making derogatory or obscene comments.

Last week on the Strib site I believe, someone else alluded to the view there is more "bad news in the pipeline for the FB program that would be out in several weeks." Don't shoot the messengers....the guy who started this thread has been correct before.

I'm guessing this is about the rumored upcoming story regarding inappropriate Facebook posts. The word is one of the tv stations is doing a story which will include examples of football players pictured drinking or making derogatory or obscene comments.

Oh noes!!!!! The horror!!!!!

The Fox 9 witch hunt of Gopher athletics is beyond f*cking pathetic.

And if this is all ConferenceChump is referring to, he's even more pathetic (than usual) for mentioning it here.

Where did you hear this?

Oh noes!!!!! The horror!!!!!

The Fox 9 witch hunt of Gopher athletics is beyond f*cking pathetic.

And if this is all ConferenceChump is referring to, he's even more pathetic (than usual) for mentioning it here.

Why isn't this peson banned for his continued use of profanity and name calling?

If this is seriously what the NEXT GREAT SHOE TO DROP ON BREW!!!!:):):):):D:D:D:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:.......wow.
The mucksucker trolls are seriously in a Brew hating feeding frenzy around here lately.

Very very stupid if it's the case, and I'll bet every dollar I have you could run the same story on most college KIDS. What would be great is to dig into Fox 9's reporters and staff's facebook pages and find all the obscene pictures and drinking photos send them to Doogie at his station and have them do an expose' on out of control news anchors and reporters at the across town rival news station. Seriously? Facebook? Does anyone really give a dang what college kids have on their facebook? If you do then you are either officially old, or just to dang sensitive.

I'm guessing this is about the rumored upcoming story regarding inappropriate Facebook posts.
You mean like the unnamed Iowa booster who posts derogatory comments about Minnesota on the pages of anybody Minnesota is recruiting?

It is true, but very pathetic on the local media's part. To sensationalize the fact that college aged kids, even the athletes, put drinking pics and or sexually charged stuff on their FB is not news. From what I was told, one player was a little "wild" with his FB page and they're trying to paint the whole program as being out of control. That player, I would assume, has already been taken to the wood shed by Brew. No one was charged with any crime or anything. Just got yelled at for being stupid and reckless. I've seen my college aged daughter's FB and this is the "norm", but not news worthy. After all the warnings kids have been given about putting negative stuff on their social network sites, you'd think they'd have a clue by know. I guess narcissism is too strong to control for some.

I'm shocked, you are telling me that college kids drink and have sex!!!! What a story. I'd be more shocked if they didn't.

There are some pretty bad Facebook videos out of there of guys like Edwards, Shady, and others out driving and "maybe" being a little intoxicated.

I've seen the videos, while a little concerning--- I'm not sure that it is newsworthy, but I wouldn't put it past somebody like Fox9 or KSTP to run it.

I'd post a link but they honestly don't need to be distributed any more than they have already.

There are some pretty bad Facebook videos out of there of guys like Edwards, Shady, and others out driving and "maybe" being a little intoxicated.

I've seen the videos, while a little concerning--- I'm not sure that it is newsworthy, but I wouldn't put it past somebody like Fox9 or KSTP to run it.

I'd post a link but they honestly don't need to be distributed any more than they have already.

Thank you for your discretion. Let the Trolls do there own trash digging.

It is true, but very pathetic on the local media's part. To sensationalize the fact that college aged kids, even the athletes, put drinking pics and or sexually charged stuff on their FB is not news.

Hey Lump,

You obviously know of what you speak:D
Good job.

In a pre-emptive strike at damage control, brewster has already put out letters this week to forewarn both the innocent and the guilty that this journalistic piece is in the pipeline.

Hey Lump,

You obviously know of what you speak:D
Good job.

In a pre-emptive strike at damage control, brewster has already put out letters this week to forewarn both the innocent and the guilty that this journalistic piece is in the pipeline.

I sure hope it's not as devastating a blow like the one you warned us about before....ya know...that secondary violation that threatens to shut down the program.

Thank you for your discretion. Let the Trolls do there own trash digging.
Troll = anyone who doesn't tow the company line. Thank you!

I would say the trash is on FB, and the players thank you for apologizing for them and their coach once again.

Troll = anyone who doesn't tow the company line. Thank you!

I would say the trash is on FB, and the players thank you for apologizing for them and their coach once again.

A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community. You're just a dink.

A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community. You're just a dink.

controversial = true?

inflammatory = you don't want to hear it even if true?

extraneous = too confusing for you?

off topic = non-brewster reverent?

name calling is all you have?

If this is seriously what the NEXT GREAT SHOE TO DROP ON BREW!!!!:):):):):D:D:D:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:.......wow.
The mucksucker trolls are seriously in a Brew hating feeding frenzy around here lately.

Very very stupid if it's the case, and I'll bet every dollar I have you could run the same story on most college KIDS. What would be great is to dig into Fox 9's reporters and staff's facebook pages and find all the obscene pictures and drinking photos send them to Doogie at his station and have them do an expose' on out of control news anchors and reporters at the across town rival news station. Seriously? Facebook? Does anyone really give a dang what college kids have on their facebook? If you do then you are either officially old, or just to dang sensitive.

I've heard employers care quite a bit...

controversial = true?

inflammatory = you don't want to hear it even if true?

extraneous = too confusing for you?

off topic = non-brewster reverent?

name calling is all you have?

Oh bravo fruitcake. Did your mommie help you write that?

Anyone who posts under the name Reality Check pretty much discredits themselves before they write word one. Your name stinks of I'm-here-to-be-an-a$$hole-ness. Then you cry like a baby when people don't take you seriously. I don't mind dissent, but it's pretty obvious you're not here to have a discussion, but only to antagonize people.

Its called privacy settings, all you have to do is set it so no one can see anything about you unless they are your friend and don't add people you don't know. problem solved.

Oh bravo fruitcake. Did your mommie help you write that?

Anyone who posts under the name Reality Check pretty much discredits themselves before they write word one. Your name stinks of I'm-here-to-be-an-a$$hole-ness. Then you cry like a baby when people don't take you seriously. I don't mind dissent, but it's pretty obvious you're not here to have a discussion, but only to antagonize people.
The truth; and posts that are not filled with jelly cream fluff and apologies, are looked at as antagonistic in this venue and I am the "crybaby?" Try again. The reality is, those guys glorifying underage boozing and intoxication, sex, drugs, violence and the [N] word, are all representatives of the University of MN, and are held to a higher standard in that little thingy they signed known as a "free ride." If they were representatives of XYZ Corp and behaving in the same manner counter to their agreement with that entity, their A#### would be in the unemployment line. And don't give me that "college kids" B/S either. There are "kids" younger than them serving in Afghanistan and Iraq who are not spending their nights and days making fools of themselves and their organizations on FB!

Top Bottom