Another good stroy about Kill

Good read. He brings up the only quote from Kill that I would like to hear him address at some point near the end of the story.

But in the summer, Kill, who’s 52, told the Minneapolis paper, “You can’t be the head football coach and miss half of a game. I mean, I’m not stupid. I realize that. If I was doing those things, the university wouldn’t have to fire me. I’d walk away if I didn’t think I could do it."

As long as he doesn't suffer another in game seizure I don't think he will address that until the off season but those were his own words so I think it is valid to ask the question.

Everything about the last week has seemed pretty black & white to me except that quote, from a couple years ago, I think. Things change, including the public perception of his condition and what it all means. Doesn't it seem like the Gopher community has embraced Kill and is starting to believe he can deliver the things he's done at his previous stops? If the program continues to move forward in virtually every aspect, I would think Gopher fans wanting him to stay if he wants to would far outnumber those that want him to step down.

Good read. He brings up the only quote from Kill that I would like to hear him address at some point near the end of the story.

But in the summer, Kill, who’s 52, told the Minneapolis paper, “You can’t be the head football coach and miss half of a game. I mean, I’m not stupid. I realize that. If I was doing those things, the university wouldn’t have to fire me. I’d walk away if I didn’t think I could do it."

As long as he doesn't suffer another in game seizure I don't think he will address that until the off season but those were his own words so I think it is valid to ask the question.

I think it is fair, but it does not change the answer. We base our decisions on the results we see, not because he may or may not miss another half of football.

Top Bottom