Another game at the Barn?

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
The TV announcers kept saying that this would be the team's last game of the year at the Barn. That is not neccessarily true, is it? NIT game?

Never know. We could be the away team.

The TV announcers kept saying that this would be the team's last game of the year at the Barn. That is not neccessarily true, is it? NIT game?
The NIT is seeded now, if we make it, we wouldn't likely get a home game. Back in the Clem era, I think they just gave the home game to whoever would draw the most fans, so we got a ton of them.

Hard to see them getting a bid at 15-17

What about at 17-18?
That's record that I don't think is possible without getting to the NIT. We are 14-16. Win three in the BTT and we are at 17-16 and losing game 4 puts us at 17-17. 19-16...now that would be fun!

That's record that I don't think is possible without getting to the NIT. We are 14-16. Win three in the BTT and we are at 17-16 and losing game 4 puts us at 17-17. 19-16...now that would be fun!
I'll take 19-16

17-17 is my prediction. What happens

Updated NIT Bracketology at The Barking Crow has the Gophers as a #3 seed. That would mean a home game in at least the first round.

Updated NIT Bracketology at The Barking Crow has the Gophers as a #3 seed. That would mean a home game in at least the first round.

It doesn't look like they are taking into consideration yet that several Mid-Low Major #1 seeds in their Conference Tourneys will lose and fill up a good portion of the field.

If the Gophers do get a home game, I think it would have to be on March 17 since Williams Arena is booked for the Boys State Tourney the following 2 days.

Hard to see them getting a bid at 15-17

Of course not (even though they claim that a team doesn't have to be .500 anymore).

I think they would have to beat NW, Iowa, IL, and lose to Wisconsin. 17-`17 might do it.

I don't think the NIT is worried about getting the teams with the best records. They want viewers and fans to go to games. The Gophers have a potential top 10 draft pick on their team, have several quality wins over NCAA tournament teams, and played in the most competive conference in college basketball.

Just saying. There are other factors in consideration besides wins and losses. $$$

If I'm Oturu I might sit out the NIT.

I don't think the NIT is worried about getting the teams with the best records. They want viewers and fans to go to games.
That used to be the case. Not anymore. It's pretty much done the same way the NCAA tournament is. Otherwise we'd see North Carolina and others in the field this year.

Top Bottom