Another 1/2 yd out of Wolitarsky catch and all this could just be a bad dream right?

supadupafly

Reaction score
Not blaming him at all here btw. Just pondering what could have been. We still had to kick off and who knows what happens with the return, etc., but man it would have been fantastic if that pass/catch could have just broken the goal line to begin with and the last 19 second never had to happen/play out. #captainhindsight

Sports can be so cruel. A fricking half a yard and everything is different. Sigh...

Go Gophers!!

Another half yard on the distance of the pass and there would have been no griping about clock management in the last 20 seconds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I told myself the whole game that it would end badly for us. I let my guard down and looked what happened. The last 19 seconds are still running in my head. I really can't believe we lost like that. I keep thinking what would have happened if we won. We were 19 seconds away from the Jug. It's stings. Also now seeing Michigan was offsides makes me think about it more.

Our defense could have also stepped up and stopped the 2-point conversion. Then the simple field goal would have won it.

Many ways to win that game. Just couldn't do it...

I never believed we'd win - until the last 19 seconds. Losing in overtime would have been easier to live with.

Our defense could have also stepped up and stopped the 2-point conversion. Then the simple field goal would have won it.

Many ways to win that game. Just couldn't do it...

Correct and we wasted a TO in doing so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think replay is ruining football.

For all of college football history that is a touchdown. Except the last ten years.

Slows down the game and doesn't actually fix the controversy (see duke Miami)

For 30 seconds Michigan thought they lost.

For 30 seconds we thought we won.

Believe you me the Billds celebrated as much as we could for those 30 seconds.

Disappointed...yes. But a great football game nonetheless.

Or if he just didn't catch it all together.

We likely run up the middle on the next play and then kick the FG.

I know exactly what it would have felt like. I was there and celebrated it when it "happened". Then it got ripped away from me.

It happened right in front of us (the Woli catch) and in real time I had no doubt it was a td.

I wish or qb wouldn't constantly under throw balls then we'd all be happy today also

The worst was part was they called it a touchdown to send us all going crazy thinking we won the damn game. That made it worse.

For all of college football history that is a touchdown. Except the last ten years.

plus 1 000 000

If the refs would of just ruled maye catch hit the ground then we could have at least blamed the refs instead.

The worst was part was they called it a touchdown to send us all going crazy thinking we won the damn game. That made it worse.

This. Such a range of emotions in the last 19 seconds of the game. I think the fact that we all thought we had taken the lead made the ending even worse.

This site is harder to take than that loss. Let's see, we lost because Woltarski a) should have crossed the goal line b) shouldn't have caught the ball at all and Leidner shouldn't have underthrown a ball that landed perfectly in the arms of the receiver after a finely coordinated double move and pump to end a drive in which he threaded three passes to keep the drive going.

Get off the offense, guys. UM moved over 400 yards against the country's best defense. Our defense failed us, just like against NW and Neb.

This site is harder to take than that loss. Let's see, we lost because Woltarski a) should have crossed the goal line b) shouldn't have caught the ball at all and Leidner shouldn't have underthrown a ball that landed perfectly in the arms of the receiver after a finely coordinated double move and pump to end a drive in which he threaded three passes to keep the drive going.

Get off the offense, guys. UM moved over 400 yards against the country's best defense. Our defense failed us, just like against NW and Neb.
To be clear, I wasn't blaming Wolitarsky at all. Was simply a oh what could have been thought on the moment/play sequence. He did make a fantastic double move and had his DB completely beat....will agree was a nice pass....if only slightly underthrown....and I mean just slightly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. Ruins the flow of the game, and they get the result wrong half the time anyways. And don't get me started on "coach's challenges".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think one thing that could help replay is tell them they can only watch replays at regular speed.

If they did that they'd overturn less.

When the rule was made to get one foot in bounds, they didn't mean that if your big toe grazes one blade of grass it is a catch.

Who said he shouldn't have caught it? Pointed out the irony that if the pass wasn't completed we likely kick the field goal and go to OT.

I love people who complain about things on this board that just aren't there or they make up.

It happened right in front of us (the Woli catch) and in real time I had no doubt it was a td.
I was on the goal line and I immediately thought his knee hit the ground before he crossed. He was oh so close.

Because I was not looking at the clock, I didn't recognize how much time had been wasted until Mitch's pass fell incomplete and there was only 2 seconds left. It's really too bad the game ended with that gaffe.

thinking about it now. i actually wish the sideline ref hadn't called woli's catch a TD initially and rather just a completion at the 1/2 yard line (which of course is what it was). then i think you see the scenario of us running up to the 1/2 line just knowing out of kind of automatic reflex the clock is going to start right away on the whistle and we would have either just spiked it on 1st down to stop the clock right there, handed to the RB or maybe have even tried the sneak right there on 1st down. all still with the TO still being in our pocket if needed. imo, the going to booth review on the TD call unfortunately instead resulted in giving Limegrover WAY TOO MUCH time to sit there and completely over think the whole thing with the unnecessary motion play call they were sent out there with. and it resulted in michigan having time to strategize and get about 3 minutes of rest for their D.

basically saying i think the potential end result or sequence of potential plays is better in our favor if there never would have been a need to go to review in the first place.

Top Bottom