Anonymous Players and Staff make unsubstantiated allegations

NO! This person is not a journalist!

The modern day problems are with the instant credibility that is given to anyone who posts crap on the internet. Their objective is to make money, not to report news. We really need more journalist and the credible outlets that use standard journalist principals and standards. The newspapers are all being consolidated and profits milked by publishing generic non local stories.

We still have not learned how to harness the internet so that the original creators get compensated for their work. This is the whole argument behind the writers/actors strike. The current streaming and social media models treat the majority of the content as being free with all of the profits going to the streamers.
The guy that wrote this piece is actually a personal trainer. No joke.

The modern day problems are with the instant credibility that is given to anyone who posts crap on the internet. Their objective is to make money, not to report news. We really need more journalist and the credible outlets that use standard journalist principals and standards. The newspapers are all being consolidated and profits milked by publishing generic non local stories.

We still have not learned how to harness the internet so that the original creators get compensated for their work. This is the whole argument behind the writers/actors strike. The current streaming and social media models treat the majority of the content as being free with all of the profits going to the streamers.
We really need looser libel laws. I doubt Fleck would in this case, but a few of these "journalists" getting sued and losing some 6 figure lawsuits would go a long way. As it is, it's almost impossible to win a case like this so they get away with it.

Why? He has earned an academic PhD. I would have big trouble with it if is were honorary or purchased. I think that it is standard for lawyers who have earned a Juris Doctorate degree to still be called "Mister." Not sure of the history of that convention.
Sorry, but reading a bunch books and critiquing them is not quite the same as performing a heart transplant.

Why? He has earned an academic PhD. I would have big trouble with it if is were honorary or purchased. I think that it is standard for lawyers who have earned a Juris Doctorate degree to still be called "Mister." Not sure of the history of that convention.
Technically, an attorney (lawyer who passed the bar) could be referred to with Esquire, or Esq. after their name. Now, a ton of people get this wrong, but you should never refer to yourself as Esquire or even have it on a signature block. You can tell someone is a rube in the legal community if they have it on their signature block.

Additionally, you should never use Mr. or Ms. AND Esquire, you should use one or the other. For example, Mr. Johnnie Cochran (correct) and Johnnie Cochran, Esq. (correct) but Mr. Johnnie Cochran, Esq. (incorrect). Now, while all of this probably seems like pretentious remnants of English common law it is actually for a practical purpose. Keep in mind these traditions started hundreds of years ago and communications with an attorney have always been protected. T

The Esquire title was actually the result of people wanting it crystal clear when they are writing their attorney that the communication is privileged. It's on the envelope and in the writing itself. It's almost like a more formal privileged and confidential footer you see in so many people's emails today.If someone has JD in their title, it means they graduated law school but are not working in a legal capacity (so your communications with them would not be privileged). I've never heard of the convention of calling a lawyer Mr. anymore than calling any other professional Mr.

I know that's probably way more than anyone wanted to know so I'll bring it back to the topic at hand.

This writer is an absolute joke and I believe anyone who gets a PhD that refers to themselves as Dr. sucks. They're almost as bad as chiropractors who use the title.

The cost of freedom of speech in some cases is the ability to defame without much form of legal recourse. It's a maddening concept that doesn't come with easy answers and might be the origination of the term "fist fight".

Well said. It is so frustrating to see what has happened to the concept of journalism.

It used to be about being right, now it is about being first. And with the short attention spans people have there really is no consequence anymore for being wrong. That leads to hacks like Perez writing stuff like this and pretending they are an actual reporter of some kind.

Well said. It is so frustrating to see what has happened to the concept of journalism.

It used to be about being right, now it is about being first. And with the short attention spans people have there really is no consequence anymore for being wrong. That leads to hacks like Perez writing stuff like this and pretending they are an actual reporter of some kind.
A lot of "journalists" these days have no formal training in journalism. They're just some dude who likes to write about sports and starts a blog or Twitter page.

Sorry, but reading a bunch books and critiquing them is not quite the same as performing a heart transplant.
That is why medical peeps are awarded an MD (Doctor of Medicine) and all others a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy). Different focus areas.

Someone on twitter was asking this guy how involved Stahl was with this story. He is really good at saying a lot of words without actually saying anything. I asked him how the story even came about to begin with. He just said that he was in MN for the last two NFL owners meetings. So going to assume that means Stahl introduced him to all this.

The link I posted above hints at this guy investigating Dan Snyder when someone told him about this Fleck thing.

What do you think the chances are that PJ actually gets suspended or worse?

And if so, Michael Hsu should be run out of MN.

0%

A lot of this has been investigated in the past. Hsu knows this, yet he keeps pushing for it to happen again. He knows it won't and that's why he keeps asking for it to happen.

In my Twitter feed, I've seen many more posts from current and former players supporting Fleck and the Gophers than the negative posts. For me, this whole hit piece is backfiring. Plus (just being real), the accusations seem they're coming from a whiny bitch that's never had to work through adversity.

Last edited:

As others have said there is no chance Fleck will see any sort of punishment for this nothing burger of a hit piece.

The only way anything will happen is if something new and actually credible comes out....and that seems unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

That is why medical peeps are awarded an MD (Doctor of Medicine) and all others a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy). Different focus areas.
You’re missing my point. No one should be given the title of “Doctor of Philosophy”.

You sound woke! Did I trigger you? I don't dig any deeper than freedom and knocking out corporate liberalization, anything beyond that is a complicated and nuanced thought exercise I am not wasting my limited brain cells on.
I agree to one of your points, you have limited brain cells!

Not a good look for UMN. It reeks of Toxic Academia. Intellect only people locked in a silo making judgements about those on the outside and not wanting their work to be subject to practical application standards.
Oh, you mean those that you are making judgements about?

As per the supposed credentials of the person who put together the article, this book was written back in 2008 and things have only gotten worse since:

51bPkc18s4L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Available here (Bezos needs another rocket):

You’re missing my point. No one should be given the title of “Doctor of Philosophy”.
Just checking in with you first as you appear to be the education police. Am I allowed to be a Doctor of Pharmacy or is that also not allowable??

*and for the record I don't call myself doctor lol. I use PharmD for anything professional related.

There are many more non-medical doctorate degree holders than medical doctors.

Was Einstein‘s or Oppenheimer’s doctorate degree any less significant than some proctologist’s?

Top Bottom