Annual Minnesota College Tournament Announced

To be honest, I see this a a bigger event for the state schools rather than the U. Usually the "big" series of the year for the state schools was when the U came to town. When they came to play at Marriucci it was just another weekend for the Gophers. Still think UND and the Badgers were bigger rivals.

Michigan has more D1 teams, but, Minnesota's D1 program are arguably stronger. Great hockey is being played at these great schools, and it's great that Minnesota's flagship research university and marquee program maintains those rivalries. It's hard to hate SCSU, MSU, UMD, and BSU like I hate uw, und, and meatchicken.

Go Gophers! and the STATE OF HOCKEY!

To be honest, I see this a a bigger event for the state schools rather than the U.

This. The in-state games are one-way rivalries IMO, and this tournament is just a way to make them less upset about the U leaving the WCHA. Is anyone really clamoring for annual games with Bemidji State?

This. The in-state games are one-way rivalries IMO, and this tournament is just a way to make them less upset about the U leaving the WCHA. Is anyone really clamoring for annual games with Bemidji State?

It is not as big of a thing to me as the games against North Dakota, but I do enjoy having games against the in state teams. I am looking forward to watching the tournament and getting into it with the fans who come to the cities for this series.

Top Bottom