Andy Katz on the Gophers

Just a question, seriously, have they been overachieving? I look at basketball much as I look at hockey, they're a lot of people actually playing the sport. I don't think all the good players actually get scouted well or enough. Some are just late bloomers, some just end up working harder and improving their game while others stagnate. Maybe the guys we have are late bloomers, worked harder or weren't scouted and vetted as well as the popular hot beds of basketball. I don't know all the answers but I feel like lots of players just aren't seen as much as others and so there are some misses that are truly good players. Ben and coaches seem to have found some hidden gems in the weeds or the back country!
Thus far they’ve seemed to be able to game plan/manage their lack of size, and with all due respect to Curry, the gophers are very thin in the post on both sides of the ball. Kudos to BJ for managing it, and all the credit in the world to Curry for rising to the challenge - but IMO our team overachieves every time a Big Ten opponent doesn’t beat us soundly in the post.

Thus far they’ve seemed to be able to game plan/manage their lack of size, and with all due respect to Curry, the gophers are very thin in the post on both sides of the ball. Kudos to BJ for managing it, and all the credit in the world to Curry for rising to the challenge - but IMO our team overachieves every time a Big Ten opponent doesn’t beat us soundly in the post.
Agreed. Still not that talented of a team, still not that deep of a team.

maybe we are tough enough to be a good team anyways. Just win. Find ways to win.

Remember, it's #MinnesotaSports. The winds of shit are always blowing.
And the shithawks are always watching. Big dirty shithawks Les. I just hope they don't swoop down on the winds of shit and drag us off to the big shit nest.

Enjoying the heck out of this unexpected season; but, like most people, dreading any injuries. There is also COVID rearing its ugly head and taking players out for multiple games.

It's still way early but also thinking ahead to next year. Battle is back; Fox and Ihnen come back healthy; Johnson finds some solid players in the portal like he did this year; and blends in his freshmen recruits. The Barn really starts rocking. Love his demeanor and he's quickly answered the critics who doubted whether he can actually coach. That set play at the end of the first half was impressive as hell even if it didn't count. Things like that buy a lot of faith from your players.

I generally agree, but the turnover fest the other night is concerning to me. That won't cut it against good teams. I realize it was an aberration, but make no mistake, other teams are filing that footage away for when they play us.
Really nice to see such a clean game turnover-wise directly following the mess of TOs the previous game. Credit where credit is due.

Top Bottom